Recent content by cometkrazy

1. cometkrazy

VT-8 Roller

Sadly I don't have the time or energy to finish my bike. I'm selling a roller Heald VT-8. It has brand new Duro tires, no rust any where, new bearings and bushings. The frame was blasted and powder coated. I live in Pendleton, Oregon which is 3 hours from Boise, Id. Spokane, Wa. and Portland...
  2. cometkrazy

Tracked Mini

What is this??
  3. cometkrazy

Boise Idaho Craigslist

Yesterday on BOISE Craigslist I came across a posting for two Heald minis A 10hp Super Bronc and a 5hp Bronc both for $430 They looked complete to me and he said the SB ran. I have enough projects or else I would grab them. I live in Eastern Oregon only about 3 hrs from them.
  4. cometkrazy

Replacement torque converter

I'm using the belt Ron from Power Tec sent me. I'll have the Chinese pulley set on the original VT-8 backing plate with the band brake. I hope the guys who say that they stop well are right. It would be cool to have juice brakes on one of these. I had an old Harley Electra Glide with a...
  5. cometkrazy

It is definitely a mini bike. I put some Duro tires on it and I hope I'm good to go.
  6. cometkrazy

I put the chain on it today and I had to shorten it. I found out that Ron at Power Tec gave me more than enough for two chains! He will be missed. I bought a bunch of parts from him 4 years ago when I first got the Bronc, He was a great source of knowledge and a very kind person.
  7. cometkrazy

I have not ridden it yet. I'm working on figuring out the throttle and I did order a Chinese torque converter set. I will save the stock and rebuild them later. When I got it the seat had a Trail Bronc stencil on the back. I've seen lots of posts about Super Broncs but few or no Trail Broncs. It...
  8. cometkrazy

You know, I may be confused too I will take some pics and try to post tomorrow. I have the band brake. Thanks for the replie
  9. cometkrazy

I have a 1982 8hp Trail Bronc with a comet 30 torque converter. It is different as the driven shaft is treaded on the end instead of cut for a snap ring. The question I have is if I buy one of the Chinese torque converter kits on Amazon or Ebay will the new 5/8 shaft line up with the rear...
  10. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

I removed both pulleys today and found my driven pulley was all gummed up and would not open (that is to say I couldn’t rotate it so that the spring would compress) also I didn’t see a snap ring holding it together. It does have a direction arrow to remove the top of the cam? So I’m thinking...
  11. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

Thanks, I think I will take them off and start over!
  12. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

I meant a VT8
  13. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

Hello all: I 'm working on a VT Super Bronc. I got it running but I find that the driven pulley turns as fast as the driver when the chain is off. When I squeeze the brake handle, It kills the motor. I'm thinking that the clutch is put together incorrectly. Is there a diagram that shows how to...
  14. cometkrazy

Super Bronc project has begun

Thanks for the help. I will try that but I'm going to have the rear wheel off the ground. I think one of the pulleys is goofed up or set up wrong.
  15. cometkrazy

Super Bronc project has begun

Yes, I have the belt on correctly. I recall you said in an earlier post that you were having the same issue. There seems to be some slack in the belt but when I have it running the driven pulley turns as fast as the driver.