Recent content by dirtbilly

1. D

Tecumseh HS50 magneto-points install

I know this topic has been covered before and I have read other posts, but what I have not been able to find either in the manual or online is if there is a initial position to install the magneto ? the reason I ask is I installed the mag with the bolts that hold it down in the middle of there...
  2. D

A tutorial: How to adjust timing on a Tecumseh engine

Hey guys I want to share with you a bracket (EZT13150) I bought from E-Z Bore, it holds my dial indicator in the perfect spot to set the timing on my Tecumseh it was originally made for a Briggs from what I was told. It will also check valve lift. 19.95 a quality piece.
  3. D

thank you, I was afraid to touch it until I started reading this forum, I think I will dig into it, I need to replace the side cover gasket anyways, now is the excuse to get it out and on the bench pull the head and take a looksie. Again thanks to all who took the time to answer what is probably...
  4. D

Thanks guys, the info about the airgap solves a peice of the puzzle for me, just one more question: do I need to re-time the motor when I changed out the points ?
  5. D

Is it true that there is no air gap on an internal coil ? referring to a HS50 I changed the points and flywheel on this engine and now it won't start, pops, I think I need to re-set the timing.
  6. D

Engine Builder Needed

Looking for an builder near Warren, Mi 48092 area code
  7. D

Don't know what I have here

Thanks guys, any idea what it would be worth is it's current condition ?
  8. D

Don't know what I have here

I've had this mini bike for years, it's had a couple of different motors on it but never knew what brand it was, thinking about selling it (bought my son a Ruttman Spyder) would like to know what I'm selling
  9. D

Engine Identification

Thanks minibikin' now I can confidently order parts !
  10. Ruttman_Spyder_mini_bike

Ruttman_Spyder_mini_bike

11. D

Engine Identification

hoping someone can help me out with I.D'ing my motor the number on the shroud is 143-665082 serial# 6257B there is no HS or HM etc just these numbers on the shroud. Just bought a Ruttman Ugly Spyder for my son and I believe this is the original motor.