Recent content by Engineer Kid

1. E

Honda gc160 help

Okay so my honda gc160 is losing power as i ride it (each ride) and is geared 6:1 and goes about 20mph but i would like to get a little more acceleration and top speed out of it. Is there a way i can adjust the governor safely? How safe is it go push more rpms out? Thanks, Isaac
  2. E

Losing power?

Hello, As some of you know i have a db30 with a honda gc160 5hp engine on it, geared 6:1. I feel like after riding for a while it loses lots of power and *oomph* and accelerates slower. is it getting hot or am I riding it too hard? I'm not planning on keeping it too long but I still want to...
  3. E

Oil in cylinder not running good?

nevermind all :) found out that the air filter was soaked in oil and wasnt getting air. works great now!
  4. E

kill switch

Got the kill switch working fine now :) kind of ironic, i let my friend ride it after i got the kill switch working and he started it (while i wasnt looking) and the throttle cable got stuck, instead of lifting it up or hopping on or using the kill switch he'd just helped me instal he ran with...
  5. E

Oil in cylinder not running good?

Hello, so my friend crashed the mini bike :hammer: and it wouldn't pull over. After looking in the spark plug hole there was quite literally a pool of oil on top the piston. I drained the oil and the oil off the piston and it started right up but has a huge lack in power. I figured it needed to...
  6. E

kill switch

that was my next guess, never really got to it though because pulling the choke does the trick
  7. E

Suspension?

thanks so much ill look into it!
  8. E

kill switch

Hello, I just got my mini bike running with a honda gc160, I bought a kill switch and hooked it up to the coil where the old kill switch (used to hook up to old throttle and turn engine off when throttle was shut with a button) but it doesen't work at all, on or off. Is there anything im...
  9. E

Suspension?

Hello, I have a DB30 that i recently got running with a honda 5hp gc160. Its a blast but really bumpy :surrender: i see that OldMiniBikes warehouse has shocks for sale but is there any "best" way to do this? just chop off the forks and install the shocks? weld them on? Any advice or "how i did it"...
  10. E

Baja db30

Yea i plan on making a pipe to go out the back. And i got this entire bike minus the engine for $30! needs throttle cable and fix rear tire/tube it. a deal in my eyes
  11. E

Baja db30

I think this is a baja db30 but really had no idea when i bought it. Just wondering in case I ever decide to sell it.
  12. E

GC160 hard to pull

UPDATE adjusted the valves as the video showed and to honda specs and it runs way better! Starts way easier
  13. E

GC160 hard to pull

i found this to be a reasonable fix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwKc9rlA0z8 maybe ill try it
  14. E

GC160 hard to pull

a little research i did told me that its a bad cam or pressure release or something
  15. E

GC160 hard to pull

Okay, so i bought a gc160 for $100 runs great and fits my db30 perfect but is hard to pull. I changed oil, plug and it pulls normal until it hits a certain point (obviously at the top of the compression stroke) and if you dont time it right and pull with this in the middle of your pull it will...