Recent content by F-ReV

1. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Thanks for the tips :thumbsup:
  2. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Thanks! And yes i just temporarily set up the bars like that I need to find a real mount. Those ones for the atv look like they would work pretty good. Just not sure if with only one bolt going into the fork the bars might still have some play in them.
  3. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Actually got a lot of work done this weekend on the bike. Actually took it for a test drive today to! Wasn't comfortable without footpegs and a proper seat, but it worked! Bike is pretty quick though pulled my 170lbs up hills no problem.
  4. F

Bent Rim

Ok so I'm fixing up a 1970 Fox Sundowner and my rim is bent. When mounted it rolls unevenly. I can't find any replacements online(found one the guy wanted $75). Is there any way I could unbend the rim and fix it??
  5. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Also had to make up a mount for my handlebars since I don't have the original. It doesn't look the prettiest, but it holds the bars steady which matters most!
  6. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Actually yes! Got some work done today on it. Mounted the engine, and aligned the chain. (The exhaust and gas tank where just there for testing purposes) Cranked up the engine for the first time and it runs like a dream!
  7. F

Want to buy this, but need to know what it is first!

idk if this helps but its a number off the bike itself. Still interested in the model of the bike
  8. F

Want to buy this, but need to know what it is first!

Found this Rupp on Craigslists and it seems to be a really good deal to me. Any idea what model it is etc... original engine...? Thanks
  9. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

The bike is officially a roller at this point!! Didn't paint the frame, but I figured I'll go back and paint it after I get everything working smoothly.
  10. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Welded on some steel to mount the engine on it, and installed the air filter on my Predator
  11. F

Western Flyer

Found this Western Flyer SS400 on Craigslists it's a neat looking bike but not sure if its worth $75 WESTERN FLYER MINI BIKE FRAME SS400
  12. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

I actually did paint the wheels silver only cause they will hold up better than just the bare medal. Nevertheless thanks :thumbsup: and I hope this Predator works out good for the bike. I need to get and aftermarket exhaust and airfilter for it to fit though.
  13. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

Ok so as I went to buy paint today I completely changed the color I wanted to do it to blue. I must say though I do like it :thumbsup: also I got my 72 tooth sprocket the other day with my 212cc predator to :laugh: should be getting handlerbars and clutch this week as well.
  14. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

I meant crappy as in a rat bike. I'm still going to make the bike nice, but I want it to look a little rustic.
  15. F

1970 Fox Sundowner Build

I've been thinking and I may just keep them how they are