Recent content by Faolan

1. Faolan

Tav 30 threw belt over drive pulley??

Running the standard back plate that came with it, I only have one belt choice and that's the smaller one 203589a. I haven't had this happen before, the belt don't seem stretched compared to a new one. Only thing changed is my tire size but like I said the belt wasn't slipping or smoking and is...
  2. Faolan

Will go ve it a shot when my new snap ring pliers come in
  3. Faolan

Tav 30 mounted with backing plate, properly aligned, has worked well for a very long time, don't see any wear, juggernaut driver, comet belt in good shape. Last night it threw the belt off! Belt was the right size, running a 5.3:1 ratio on 20" tires, had no problem with the belt slipping or...
  4. Faolan

Delete

5. Faolan

Broke valve spring

I did try going from the 8 tooth clutch to 9 tooth today to try and keep the rpm’s down longer, haven’t had the chance to really wind it out to see a max but did see 6450. I am unsure if I did float the valves or not, I can’t tell?? Clutch setup is the juggernaut with 6 inch driven to a 53 tooth...
  6. Faolan

Broke valve spring

alright, so new springs installed with included shims, not coil bound and factory style rockers should not float and pull until the cam runs out of steam? Just tying to not ruin the motor
  7. Faolan

Broke valve spring

What about with 1:1 rockers? It doesn’t seem to rev any higher with stock ratio rockers
  8. Faolan

Broke valve spring

196cc, black mamba jr, 1.3 rockers 26# springs. Had lots of time on the springs.. like 100+ hours.. broke just being old? Broke because I put 1.3’s on after 100+hours on the springs? Pretty sure this setup floats the valves at ~7000. Even with brand new springs From 6800 and up it revs quite...
  9. Faolan

Engine cuts out at high rpm, comes back and keeps revving

Well, I still don’t know why it went from 130 to 110 and to 125 jet sizes to run good, but I believe the issue is gone and it’s tuned perfectly! Thanks for the help guys! I don’t think it gets much better than this VVVV Got a bigger rlv muffler than the mini rlv, hopefully it doesn’t hold...
  10. Faolan

Hmm interesting. Why would conflicting jet patterns cause such a thing?
  11. Faolan

Will check after work I have just recently replaced the filter that came with the chikuni with a k&n, I do ride off-road 90% so it was a little dirty but 130 to 110 dirty? I removed the 1” rlv muffler too. Loved how quiet it was but man, it’s night and day with and without through the entire rpm...
  12. Faolan

That is something I tried as well when it started running poorly with the 130 jet, a new coil ran the same. It does have an arc billet flywheel with 8* timing built in. I honestly have no idea, I’m thinking you were right about it being starved for fuel, with the new plug it was firing...
  13. Faolan

Well, threw a 125 jet in there, feels the same as the 110 with maybe a tad more acceleration.. didn’t get it to recreate the issue yet but I only had time for a 10 minute ride. Letting it cool off to check the plug again. How can I tell if it’s lean or rich wot?
  14. Faolan

But the weird thing is, it used to run great with the 130, then it started acting up and ran better as the jets got smaller. what should I try? Going back up to a 115 and stepping up from there? I can’t tell if it’s rich or lean right now, I think the plugs look ok, maybe a little lean but I...
  15. Faolan

Well, the plug was black, and it would pop and sputter when I’d give it too much gas, sort of like the issue now but much worse and would happen a lot more with anything past 1/4 throttle, my jet is in the middle position