Recent content by friction

1. friction

motor dying when hot, greyhound clone

I think it may in fact be the gas cap. When I first got the bike running the cap wouldn't seal and leak fuel like crazy. So I put plumbers tape on the threads. That stopped the leaking. I partially unscrewed it and rode around tonight with no issues, but not that long of a ride. But when I shut...
  2. friction

These are all great tips, ill find some time this week to look more into it. Hard to get some good seat time these days after work when its dark outside! Sent from my Ally
  3. friction

Exactly. The weld broke at the end of that pipe, and the box came loose. I had to ride it like that for a few miles for lack of a better solution, the box portion is pretty much ruined. Anyways I figure its halfway between a straight pipe header and the stock muffler. That's how it sounds...
  4. friction

yes, its not the stock plug, its an ngk that was replaced the last time i changed the oil. has only a few hours on it. ill look into re-setting the valves, ive read a lot lurking here but havent read about that yet.
  5. friction

I am thinking I may need a rejet of some sort, but what do you think? Motor is completely stock, with a helper spring on the governor spring, stock air filter and airbox, stock exhaust pipe but muffler box is broken off. Essentially just a closed end pipe with 3 holes drilled in the side of...
  6. friction

Who went riding over Thanksgiving holiday

fired up mine for the first time in 2 months and rode around the yard last night. been a little busy lately but a quick fix to the broken pull start while waiting for the coals to heat up on the grill, and the bike fired right up. been too long since i rode it, it lifted the front wheel...
  7. friction

I bought a murray track 2 that needs a engine.

I would say just throw a motor on it. If you feel you need a tav after that then add it later. I think with this gearing its not really necessary. Sent from my Ally
  8. friction

Fuel line/filter for clone

I used 1/4" fuel line on my clone. To solve the leaking issue at the carb I wrapped the carb fitting a few times with plumbers tape. It worked out great. Sent from my Ally
  9. friction

Good to know, thanks. Sent from my Ally
  10. friction

wheelies with mine.....from a dead stop not so much, from a slow roll it will pull a wheelie easily. with the 72t/10t it does around 40mph, clocked by riding next to a friends car. i have never measured the diameter but the tires are knobby 4.0x8. my bike uses a 420 pitch chain. no torque...
  11. friction

Keep the large rear sprocket if you want to do trail riding. I believe my manco thunderbird is 72t rear 10t front, it can go just about anywhere and climb relatively steep piles of dirt with ease. All I'm running is a stock clone motor. I may have 275 or so into the entire bike and I'm glad I...
  12. friction

Manco 3-wheeler

any chance you could use a rear diff from some sort of riding mower? might have to find one that doesnt have the whole transmission built in.....although that might be entertaining if you get it to work haha.
  13. friction

Hilliard Clutch

a few observations. I have been running my old rusty max torque for a few weeks now. (About the same amount of time as I was running the Hilliard if we want to make the comparison) the hilliard i had mounted with a washer on either side when it was bolted in. it had very little play to allow...
  14. friction

6.5 baja heat minibob "black betty"

Nice project. I am over in locust grove, not too far away.
  15. friction

Greetings from N. Va.

Where in nova? There are a few of us in/from the area Sent from my Ally