Recent content by GearHeadCanuck

1. G

1977 Yamaha Chappy Help Required

Hi all, Been a while since I've been on here... was a vintage Honda 50 guy for a long time...restored quite a few..currently have a '70 Z50 and a '71 QA50 in sprout green all original. Anyway.... I recently picked up a '77 Yamaha Chappy LB50 and am looking for some info on the wiring /...
  2. G

QA50 Carb Needed

Looking for a good used carb for my '71 QA50..... Or just the carb body (no slide, jets, float or bowl)..... Or at minimum, the low idle (brass) pickup tube (from underside of the main carb body)....NOT the one attached to the bowl. Any help appreciated
  3. G

Looking for an RTS Front Fender

Looking for a front fender for my Tri-Sport RTS... Anyone have one kicking around? Thanks
  4. G

Anyone made their own fiberglass trike body??

I think the body is gonna go on.... Finish up the body this week and get it ready for the flake. Black diamond peated seat cover... Still have to fab up some brackets for the floating hydraulic calipers....:grind:
  5. G

Wanted: Tri-Sport front fender

Looking for a front fender for an Alsport Tri-Sport RTS(?) Reasonable price. Thanks
  6. G

Wondering now if I should even put a body on it:shrug: Looks kinda tough without.....maybe get the muffler jet coated/cerma-chromed? Opinions?
  7. G

Sorry for the wait.... still havnt got her runnin yet...fuel issues.. New fuel pump today but waiting on some A/N fittings for the fuel tank... Body looks not bad...better when in flake. Happy with the way she looks so far....shame to cover the motor tho. What do you all think?
  8. G

Sorry to keep everyone hangin.... Just seems my damn job is gettin in the way ;) of getting this done.... Still have to make the motor pretty.... Promise to post pics within the next day or two.... keep in mind that the body is still unfinished...just need the primer and paint but have been...
  9. G

Body is done....just need final sand and prime/paint... Used and old fiberglass school chair, some old fiberglass ATC fenders and made my own center section....glassed them all together...looks great.. Think Im going to paint it heavy metal flake...true to the 70's of course. Nice...
  10. G

Trisport Diff Housing bushing/sleeve

Bill, Thanks for the reply...and the offer to look up the part... Went down to my handy dandy bearing house to get the rear ale/rear pulley bearings....and they had the bushings. :clap::clap: Pushed the old ones out....new ones in...YAY! Just need to replace the bearings that are in...
  11. G

Trisport Diff Housing bushing/sleeve

Wondering if anyone has suggestion or part # (and supplier) for the copper sleeve/bushing on the rear diff casting? Complete overhaul of the rear end and the bushings are very loose. Any help appreciated.
  12. G

Has anyone made their own trike body out of fiberglass? Looking to fab up one for my Tr-Sport... Any help, photos or info greatly appreciated. Cheers,
  13. G

What brake calipers to use for Tri-Sport?

Steve, Thanks for the reply :smile: Was thinking about adapting some old motorcycle calipers and master...but will have to see what I can find. I just picked up the trike...and am getting over elbow surgery at the moment and cant wrench on anything for a little while.... Just trying to...
  14. G

What brake calipers to use for Tri-Sport?

Hello all, Looking for some help in adding a pair of brake calipers to my Tri-sport... No existing calipers, but the discs are still on the axles. What would be best to use? :shrug: Hydraulic off an old motorcycle or snowmobile or some sort of cable actuated? Any information from...
  15. G

Alsport Parts for sale or trade...

Hey there... Is the body still available? 3rd in line if not... :wink: Thanks