Recent content by Gmurray86

1. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

Thank you, I will wire that up tomorrow, it will be much safer for her than having to reach down. I will always be checking the oil before running, so a disconnected oil sensor isnt a problem. From what I can tell, the hisun I took off is set up the exact same around the throttle linkage, so...
  2. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

I have since gotten new springs and they are routed properly. I did a bunch of stuff since my post the other week to no avail. Today, I got my predator engine installed, everything is working great now. Only thing i want to figure out, I still want a kill switch on the handle bars for my...
  3. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

Another thing I forgot to mention is that it was accelerating on it's own even with the throttle cable disconnected.
  4. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

I dont think anything was pinched in there when I took it off to disconnect the killswitch.
  5. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

I figured out the issue with the jackshaft not fitting, it was just the heat shield.
  6. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

Also the jackshaft off the hisun engine does not fit right on the predator, seemingly because of the second oil dipstick in the back of the engine.
  7. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

This is the linkage from the hisun, I dont know what the dude did with it. I have replaced the springs, it is no longer running behind that plate. It originally wanted to take off on it's own, couldn't turn the choke off nor it died, but, if I held the governer arm back, the wheel stopped...
  8. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

Sorry, I don't really know my terms yet, still learning. I'm not trying to soup this thing up too much, my daughter will be riding it.
  9. Gmurray86

Predator 212 on CT200U

I bought a CT200U a few weeks ago, the engine didn't want to stop accelerating, ever, and I got tired of messing with it unsuccessfully. Last night I bought a Predator 212 engine to install on this thing. I'm using a new clutch that I bought for the old engine. Anyhow, when I mount the engine...
  10. Gmurray86

Throttle stuck open

I've already changed the oil. It isnt black but it is kind of gray already just from me messing around with it.
  11. Gmurray86

Throttle stuck open

Awesome glad to hear that is probably the problem. I have a brand new spring coming tomorrow, so I'll find out then and post an update. My daughter will be so happy if this thing gets running. I picked it up fairly cheap because I wanted to learn about fixing small engines. Thank you for...
  12. Gmurray86

Throttle stuck open

They had it hooked up correctly to the hole on the bottom of the lever, they just had it routed behind that panel. I've had it on jack stands practically since I got it. With it being routed behind there, would that cause it to accelerate on it's own? Initially I thought it was the governer...
  13. Gmurray86

Throttle stuck open

Thank you. I'm just getting into mini bikes, just starting to learn about engines and such.
  14. Gmurray86

Throttle stuck open

Thank you, that is the way the kid I got it from had it hooked up, I didn't think it looked right running behind there, I'm getting a new springs tomorrow. Hopefully the new spring plus it being routed correctly fixes the take off and choke issue.
  15. Gmurray86

Throttle stuck open

I got this Coleman CT200-U last week, I have fixed the other problems it has, except the throttle is stuck open. In my picture, for some reason the governer arm is always on full throttle. Could it be the springs? I have new ones on the way. Could it be the throttle cable itself? When I...