Recent content by GP Dave

1. G

For Sale: Bonanza Hodaka mini bike

Mark, check with a Polaris dealer for that gas cap. It might match up to one of thiers
  2. G

How many members have their first bike?

On my first one, but probably not the last.
  3. G

New/Old GP

Thanks, glad I'v held on to it all these years
  4. G

New/Old GP

I'm gonna try to keep it "matching numbers" :laugh: There is a very short drum anchor so I think it needs a cast backing plate.
  5. G

New/Old GP

HaHa, I at least need to hear it run. But, first I need to get some kind of brakes on it. Thanks
  6. G

Grand Prix brake puzzle

Thanks a million OND. At least now I know what I'm looking for. I suspected a cast backing plate but yours looks like it could be cable operated. That may still be doable on mine. I need a flanged drum now and a sprocket, though I wonder if the axle flange I have is correct? Have you been able...
  7. G

Grand Prix brake puzzle

Help please. I'm trying to get this old Grand Prix back on the road but I don't want to do that until it has brakes. My problem is I can't figure out which type of brake it's supposed to have. It has a pedal on the right side that crosses over to the left rear, with a return spring and a tab...
  8. G

New/Old GP

Hi everyone. I have this old Grand Prix mini that was given to me by my late Father-in-law back in the mid seventies. He used to sell them in his Western Auto store but, this one was never sold as he used it to sell spare parts off of. It's never had gas in the tank so it's essentially brand...
  9. G

Greetings

New member here. Name is Dave and I have a old mini that was given to me back in the seventies and now that I'm retired I'm just getting around to making it road worthy. I'll try to post some pictures of it as I have a ton of questions. Cheers