Recent content by Hec In Omaha

1. Hec In Omaha

Tecumseh Pull Start Housing Mounted Lighting Alternator for sale on Ebay

You are correct. I don't have the drive shaft. However I am including everything you need to build your own. All that is needed is an old socket that fits your crankshaft nut. A 3/8" drive socket will work perfectly as the Dremel flex shaft collar sits perfectly centered in the square 3/8"...
  2. Hec In Omaha

Tecumseh Pull Start Housing Mounted Lighting Alternator for sale on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325222931008
  3. Hec In Omaha

Tecumseh Pull Start Cover Alternator For Sale

Here are a couple of pics! Hec
  4. Hec In Omaha

Side Car Build for 6 HP Azuza

Update: Well 6 years have gone by and now my youngest is way too big to ride in the side car. Actually she out grew it about 3 years ago and now drives the mini bike with and without the side car. So I pulled out the seat from the side car and put a dog bed in it. My daughters now gives our...
  5. Hec In Omaha

I have this Tecumseh Drawing for now. https://www.partstree.com/models/54-9822-toro-light-kit/headlamp-assembly-0/ I don't have items 7 or 14. I will take pics of everything an post them tonight. Hec
  6. Hec In Omaha

I have NOS Tecumseh Pull Start Cover Alternator for sale. I have a headlight, wiring, and the alternator. The alternator works perfectly and lights up the light using a drill to spin the alternator. I also have square flex cable to make the flex drive shaft. I don't have the flexible drive...
  7. Hec In Omaha

Tecumseh Recoil Generator Drive

Howdy All, I recently acquired a Tecumseh Recoil Generator. However, I need the drive nut that fits on the crankshaft nut to drive the generator. Anyone out there have one they want to sell? Here is what it looks like. Thanks in advance! Hec
  8. Hec In Omaha

recoil generator

Canuk, I have the Tecumseh Add on Generator but need the drive nut with square shaft. Do you have one you would like to spare? thanks Hec
  9. Hec In Omaha

Azuza 4.5" Drum Brake Question

All, SUCCESS! The brakes work better than ever! My 10 year old daughter can now stop it within a very reasonable distance and still be able to squeeze the brake lever. If I adjust the brake cable tighter it stops even better but then my 10 yr old daughter can't squeeze the brake lever. I...
  10. Hec In Omaha

I worked on the brakes this week and did the following: Cut the 45 degree slices into the bottom brake shoe. Removed the electro plating from the brake drum. Welded the old steel backing plate to the new backing plate. This gave me the clearance I needed and allowed the brake shoes to be...
  11. Hec In Omaha

FOMOGO, I should of been more clear, I am thinking of making the actuating lever on the brake assembly longer not the actual brake lever on the handle bar longer. I hope this makes sense. Hec
  12. Hec In Omaha

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments! Mariah, I will definitely try your suggestions! This weekend I removed the rear wheel and did some inspecting of the brakes. I had used an 1-5/8" spacer between the bearing and steel backing plate. I needed this spacer to bring the steel...
  13. Hec In Omaha

Howdy all, Long time no post. I have a question for those with experience regarding Azuza 4.5" drum brakes. Which way do you install the brake actuator lever? Do you install it so that it rotates counter-clockwise or clockwise? For Counterclockwise rotation the curved actuator lever would...
  14. Hec In Omaha

Side Car Build for 6 HP Azuza

All, It's Done! I got it done the Friday night before my 7 yr olds bday party! It was a big hit on her Bday too! I must of put 100 miles on it giving kids rides. We get a lot of thumbs up from the neighbors as we take rides around the lake. It took a while to build but hey, I'm slow. We...