Recent content by J.S.@SMS

1. J.S.@SMS

Word Association Game

wall
  2. J.S.@SMS

Sprocket swap question

Will do. I'm thinking that olive green will match the frame well enough. And rust oleum makes the olive green, black engine enamel for the TC backplate (I may get two, so I have enough to repaint the H30 on my edger), and an adhesion promoter primer. I'll check if it's in stock the next time I'm...
  3. J.S.@SMS

Sprocket swap question

Thanks, so any old spray paint should work for the cover, correct? And I was thinking of getting some black engine enamel for the backplate. It'll give me some practice using enamel before I paint the 351w (block heads and timing cover), which is staying blue. And your bike looks great.
  4. J.S.@SMS

Word Association Game

Idiocy
  5. J.S.@SMS

Sprocket swap question

And is there a difference between spray painting metal and plastic? The blue TC cover kind of sticks out on a camo bike with black hardware.
  6. J.S.@SMS

Sprocket swap question

Ok, I was thinking I' need a new chain but I wasn't sure. I might do a test fit just to see if it'll work until I get a new one. The way i'm going through chain I should have bought the 100 foot roll.
  7. J.S.@SMS

Sprocket swap question

I have a 2014 baja warrior that I bought 4 1/2 years ago, new, and I've been making it more off road friendly. So far I've rebuilt the engine (The rings were installed in the wrong order), and replaced the 2:1 jackshaft and centrifugal clutch with a 30 series. I recently ordered a 72 tooth...
  8. J.S.@SMS

Song Title Game

If You're Looking For Your Knife...I Think My Back Found It - Zebrahead
  9. J.S.@SMS

Briggs 8hp advice

I was thinking about getting a 301, and adding a gx270 flywheel, alternator and starter, for electric start and headlights. But the briggs is more period correct. And I might just trade him a manco 415-10 frame (I picked up with two others and a new predator for $300) for it, as opposed to $235...
  10. J.S.@SMS

Ebay two stroke power?

I might see about getting one of those engines for a bicycle. But I'd Like to get mine running first. It appears to be a pretty solid base, though the crank bearings are questionable. It needs a few parts, but it was free along with a pocket bike.
  11. J.S.@SMS

Ebay two stroke power?

I found the same engine as mine on ebay, it also says 25:1, so i'll keep this thing away from my dad (he runs pre mixed 50:1 in everything). And I figured the power would be pretty low. But I think it'll move that scooter with 9.7:1 gearing on 10" tires. The scooter couldn't have weigh more than...
  12. J.S.@SMS

Ebay two stroke power?

Does anyone know how much power the little $60 50cc two strokes from ebay and amazon have? My uncle gave me a little, I guess you could call it a pocket bike (it would fit in my pocket) with one of these engines on it. I was thinking o putting it on a bicycle, until I realized that it had t8f...
  13. J.S.@SMS

Project top speeds

I was thinking we needed something like this here. This is pretty much just a thread for you to post how fast your projects go (with a bit of info). My current projects are a 2014 Baja Warrior, a Carter Bros. 2575, and a Ken Bar Streaker DD9. The Warrior has been hot rodded more than a little...
  14. J.S.@SMS

Briggs 8hp advice

I honed the Tecumsehs bore a bit to give it a nice crosshatch, but I wanted to keep the original piston. The engine ran fine when I got it, however it never put out enough power for this thing. And it started burning oil and smoking a bit. When it's done it'll be going on my Manco 415-10. If you...