Recent content by JoesGarage

1. J

Long Chain

Got a lot of chain here on this one, you can see why a jackshaft is used. The chain has to be extremely tight as it sets, so once you sit on it and load the suspension it isn't flopping around like crazy. Anyone ever put a floating idler on one of these? Need to come up with a better chain guard...
  2. J

Manco Project

Well so much for a step by step process of the build. It's basicly done, a few things still left to do. It runs out good, the long chain with the supension is a bit of an issue. Sprayed with automotive paint, seat redone, new brake hardware. The 6.5 has a.030 milled head lightly ported, advance...
  3. J

methanol

What carb are you working with?
  4. J

Nirto methane

On a drag car i picked up a tenth in the 1/8 mile running this stuff. A friend of mine ran it in a supercharged altered the next week and melted three pistons with the same ratio, but he was running it to lean. Yes it's dangerous stuff, but it is a power adder. They have those small nitrous kits...
  5. J

tillotson on a clone?

Here's one i pulled off my go kart with a 348 tilly, a little crusty but that's dirt tracking. This engine is going on the manco minibike without the external mods.
  6. J

Nirto methane

Nitro doesn't mix well with gasoline, but it does with methanol. It's been years since i messed with it and it was $40 a gallon back then. Propylene oxide would be your best BANG for the buck on gas, don't get greedy, any more than 10% will most likely melt it down.
  7. J

So are ya going to rebuild that tilly and run alky? Contrary to what the others say about...

So are ya going to rebuild that tilly and run alky? Contrary to what the others say about methanol these little emgines will flat get it on this fuel. The 368 is a good carb. What engine ya running and have ya done any mods to it? Later, Dave
  8. J

tillotson 368a carb

Comet kart sales is where i get my parts, diaphragms & gaskets are $6.95 and they carry all the hard parts.
  9. J

methanol

I never ran close to that compression, but the results were more than worth it. There has always been a lot of misconceptions about methanol and personally i found most of them untrue.
  10. J

methanol

I've ran a lot of methanol thru several types of engines without any corrosion issues. When your done riding it shut the fuel off and let it run till it dies, or if your not going to run it for a while pull the fuel line off and stick the line in a can of gas and let it run till you're running...
  11. J

New Guys

No problem Dave, I seen it on the sidewalk and decided i'd better hit the scrub brake hard for that one. No harm, hopefully just a misunderstanding between bikers.
  12. Picture_375

Picture_375

13. J

New Guys

I wasn't going to comment on that one Oldsalt, looked like one of those bumps you just want to go around instead of going over.
  14. Picture_366

Picture_366

15. J

New Guys

Well ok, Thanks for the welcome in. Got some pics posted any input on these rides are welcomed, good or bad.