Recent content by KurseD

1. K

Tecumseh Engine Help

So I picked up what appears to be a FOX Banshee. Trying to pin down the model year. The numbers on the engine read as follows: HAS50 67019A 5E(maybe F)R-4223B So if I'm reading this right it was made on August 21st 1974 ??? Would that make the mini bike a 1974 or 1975 model? When...
  2. K

FOX Doodlebug?

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm starting to think it's a Rupp of some sort. Forks and spoked wheels look Rupp, single downtube frame looks like a Rupp. Only problem is, every Rupp I see that looks similar has a swing arm frame, not a rigid frame like this one. Anybody? There has to be some...
  3. K

FOX Doodlebug?

I wouldn't think so either, but the doodlebug is the closest frame I see with that angled engine stand. The forks look more like the Fox thunderbolt, but the thunderbolt is swingarm frame. I rhink the doodlebug also has dual downtube frame whereas this one is single downtube. I'm lost ???
  4. K

FOX Doodlebug?

Closest I could tell via Google images was a FOX Doodlebug, but lots of little things look different. Anyone have any idea? How do I pin down a year?
  5. K

Biggs 8hp High Idle

DING DING DING We have a winner. I've been super busy around here lately so sorry for the late reply guys. Didn't have time to mess with it so took it back to the shop that rebuilt the carb. The boogered up the butterfly a little when putting the carb back together and it was binding, wouldn't...
  6. K

Frankenstein Mini Chop

Not running the governor. Have a spring holding the throttle closed. No idea on disc upgrade. This is a whole new world for me. First minibike for me as well. Got the backbone cut out today.
  7. K

Biggs 8hp High Idle

It's an updraft just like this one. I've tried adjusting all idle and air/fuel screws from almost all the way in to half out in tiny increments. No changes. Vacuum leak?
  8. K

Frankenstein Mini Chop

I've been wanting to build a minibike for the kiddos for some time now, just haven't had the time or $ with all the other projects I have going on. A couple weeks ago a friend gave me a Razor electric mini chopper minus the motor and some of the parts were melted from being in a garage fire. A...
  9. K

Biggs 8hp High Idle

I didn't see an "intro" thread, name's "Stinky" Scott from VA :out: I've got a 1979 8hp Briggs horizontal. Just got the carb back from the local small engine shop (I got tired of fooling with it aka: it was making me angry) and got the little motor fired up last night but it idles sky high and...