Recent content by loveoftiki

1. L

Sins Of Steel Saturday June 4th Davisburg, Mi

This is a Traditional Hot Rod and Kustom car show ( over 400 calrs last year ) All vehicles are pre 64, no 22" billet wheels, no IFS Streetrods etc>>>> We had held races last year on the dirt track in the fairgrounds and the crowds and participants loved it. So this year we are doing it...
  2. L

Detroit area guys Autorama Exteme

The Minis were a hit I think. My good bud and fellow Poor Boy Bob Miller won best Kustom for his "Super Fly " Rupp. If you liked the wild paintjobs PM me and I can get you hooked up with Chaz the Painter. Looks like lots of car guys will be building minis for the summer. Dont forget to bring...
  3. L

AR3910X plugs

I have found these at Oreilys but there was no X at the end of the part # it was AR3910 and they say racing plug. I pulled the stock plug in my clone and this Autolite plug was shorter. I put the stocker back in.
  4. L

My Asuza Start Up**

Motor Details please. Sounds great and looks damn good too!!!
  5. L

SS / MP inspired Minibike

Different Chuck Miller. That Chuck balanced all my engine internals for a Hopped up VW motor I did 10 years ago. He lived off of Beech Daily between Mich Ave and Van Born, not far from Robichaud High, Right? He does awesome work out of his garage.
  6. L

Just wanted to make sure. There was a false rumor he had passed last fall. He painted my friend Gator's Pedal car. He made it as a tribute to Bill's Kustom Shoebox Little Bat. It was made with conduit and sheet metal. Bill brought some Candy Apple Laquer out from California and painted it in...
  7. L

You do know Bill is still alive and well right. He slings lead 7 days a week @ his shop in Long Beach. He get back to Detroit once in awhile and still has family here. The guy is a Kustom legend!!!
  8. L

They are new 5 spoke Ruttman "type" 6" wheels. I am not a minbike expert, but I see lots of guys runing them on the rear wheel. Didnt know there was a rule to front and rear wheels, My Club Bro Bobby had to weld the sproket on the studs to get the chain alighnment right.
  9. L

Clutch brake, didnt want to totally cover up the wheels with a brake set up. The Tires were order of the OldMiniBikes Warehouse site. Look up 6" tires and there they are, great service from them btw, ordered on Sunday showed up Tuesday. It was fun and I appreciate the positive comments.
  10. L

Wont be doing much leaning with the tire set up on the bike. I love the mini in your avatar. Could you e-mail me some photos of it at loveoftiki@yahoo.com
  11. L

I did but I was under a time limit and it did come on the motor, again modified production i.e. stock looking. I dont love the tank, but I can live with it. Now with the frame painted I dont want to weld tabs for a tank so it's staying like it is. I do have a poloished aluminum puke tank to hang...
  12. L

got the black tuck and roll w/ red metalflake yep to match the grips!!! glad you dig it. It was fun and my Wife cant understand "it's only a minibike" it's like working on a lawnmower right -------yeah right!!!!!
  13. L

Heres where she is right now. Almost done.
  14. L

I blew it apart and had it down to the bare block and everything else off. I wanted simple and subtle. The 5 spokes were neccesarry but they needed some attitude so they were painted with a cast magnesium finish and look like a set of old 60's wheels you would find at a swap meet. The frame is a...
  15. L

Well first off I eat, sleep, Traditional Hot Rods and Kustom cars. I currently own an old Dowriver Semi-Kustom 54 Ford ( Downriver was home to Bill Hines, Dick Dean, and Chuck Miller ) well I have also always loved the early to mid 60's SS/MP drag cars. You know stock looking, piecrust slicks...