Recent content by Luc

1. L

crankshaft adapter needed for torque converter

you mean like a spare 1'' crank? In line with this i was planning to take a piece of steel and made machined to custom specs. I can lathe it to 1'', drill the center, bolt it into the crack center thread, and also make a key slot in line crank slot and put a key between the two pieces...
  2. gx160-200-shaft-r_medidas_del_eje

gx160-200-shaft-r_medidas_del_eje

3. L

well I fully agree in terms of quality but money is not the same, probably more that 2-3 times more.
  4. L

yes but, I need also to confirm that the 50mm crank length is enough before switching to this option. Someone commented that possible 50 is not enough, therefore needing an adapter anyway...
  5. L

Hi there, I am planning to use the GTC 1003 1'' bore torque converter (like GTC TC2 1003 Gokart Torque Converter 30 Series) on my development mini bike (http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/79404-patagonic-trail-cruiser-2.html) The engine would be a Honda Clone 200cc 4T, which as...
  6. L

Patagonic Trail Cruiser

thank you. i will check TanksAreUs. best regards.
  7. L

Patagonic Trail Cruiser

Update of Patagonic Trail Cruiser After few month with low progress I have resumed design of the bike. Been able to progress on CAD drawing, now 3D! 3D drawing and 2D preliminary sketch are linked together, therefore primary dimensions and locations are defined via a template drawing. Main...
  8. 3D_preliminar_SUP_25-08-2013

3D_preliminar_SUP_25-08-2013

9. 3D_preliminar_LAT_con_dummy_25-08-2013

3D_preliminar_LAT_con_dummy_25-08-2013

10. 3D_preliminar_TRI_25-08-2013

3D_preliminar_TRI_25-08-2013

11. L

Front fork with suspension alternatives - post your option!

This is also a good option. As it allows me to use an off the shelf telescopic suspension and avoid building the curved fork arms. thx.
  12. L

right... and more accurately taxes. rule of thump is +60% over total items cost (besides shipping). no comments about currency conversion effort which turns the equation even worse.... :mad:
  13. L

This a very decent offer. I also think shipping will be difficult. Let me see if I can get arround with local parts. Thank you
  14. L

Hi guys!. Thank you all for your feedback. Very interesting. I was thinking on getting key parts off the shelf and adapt them to my design. Key part here would be the triple tree and roller bearing for steering axle. I would like to build the fork arms around the tripple tree i find. The tricky...