Recent content by markek

1. M

Probably a dumb question but oh well

If I could turn the tire around so sprocket is on the other side would this be better than trying to put a jackshaft in? I get the concept of the jackshaft but actually trying to find one that will mount without to much fabrication doesn't look like it'd be that easy.
  2. M

If I got rid of the rear brake for now could I just take the rear wheel off and then flip it so the sprocket is on the other side??
  3. M

Harleys Papa, Thanks for posting the picture, I forget I had that one!! I'll try and pull the wheel this week, so busy at work it's tough to do anything during the week. Do you think I'm better off just putting another 49cc on it? I'm assuming I'll get a little better performance...
  4. M

Am I better off just trying to find a 49cc engine to throw in it?
  5. M

I should have some pics posted tomorrow. So this jack shaft would somehow move everthing over to the other side?? How difficult is this to do? I already know that I'll have to weld a new plate on to accept this engine (old engine was a 49cc). I guess I'll have to take a look at the...
  6. M

I have a mini chopper frame that I want to put a 6.5hp Harbor Freight engine on. It used to have a 49cc engine on it. My question is that the other mini bikes I have the sprocket is on the left side of the bike, on this one the sprocket is on the right. The left side has a disc brake...
  7. M

First minibike...stumped

Yellowhand, Frame looks great! That looks like some shop you have there also.
  8. M

What is this wire??

What exactly does that mean??
  9. M

What is this wire??

Crazy, I haven't had time to take the engine off yet. I'm still trying to get over the fact that I caught the thing on fire. It doesn't look there was too much damage (hopefully).
  10. M

What is this wire??

If not, it's a bonfire at my house!!!!!:smile:
  11. M

What is this wire??

Yeah, you're probably right, but i'm not giving up just yet.:out: I have another chopper frame that I will probably try and throw a 5hp in it but this one i'm determined to get something done with it. My biggest problem ---> don't know anything about engines or electrical (hence the fire).
  12. M

What is this wire??

Yeah, I'm just going to beat the daylights out of it. If it works it works, if not I'll probably beat it a little harder!!!! :hammer: Had a "minor" setback. While trying to figure out all this wiring something touched something that shouldn't have been touched, if you know what I mean and...
  13. M

What is this wire??

Whats the best way to go about freeing up a siezed motor? Mounting brackets for the Tecumseh? What exactly is that? I also have a 6.5hp harbor freight engine I might be able to use but I think i'm planning on putting that one on another frame I have.
  14. M

What is this wire??

I'm guessing it's more like the 2 cycle weed whacker. I've got a 5hp tecumseh (having trouble getting it started) but I really want the electric start and the lights so i'm committed to this one. I guess if I can get the electric start to work I won't have to pull start it. By the way, when I...
  15. M

What is this wire??

Well unfortunately I bought this from some kid before I even knew that there were "chinese" mini choppers. Bought it because I thought it looked cool and I liked the lights and electric start features. Little bastard told me all it needed was a pull start. Didn't tell me it was a pos and that...