Recent content by meloman

1. M

Steven Auerbach's 1960 Go-Kart Cycle Greenhorn Enduro

Gerry, I’m 72 yrs old now and that first ride on Steve’s mini bike 58 years ago is still clearly imprinted on my otherwise fading memory. Not only was it the first motorized vehicle I’d ridden but also the first I crashed. Going full speed down the sidewalk near Steve’s house, I hit a section...
  2. M

1960 Greenhorn Enduro original survivor

Hey Shelby28, I've decided to leave it original as it has the most value that way. I will restore the seat back to the original size, shape and color (red) and am looking for some similar grips but that's all I'll change. But I haven't started on anything yet. I'm too busy riding my Triumph...
  3. M

Original owner 1961

This is a picture of me when I was 14 and just bought my new minibike. I wanted a Greenhorn Enduro like my cousin had but they were on back order. i paid $150 for it with the optional lighting kit. I've never seen another one like it and I just noticed that the Clinton Panther motor is left...
  4. M

OK Dumb (aka Texasfabguy) you put the heels of your feet in the front of the of the motor on the frame. We don't need no stinkin' footpegs. :) JTG: I'll get the measurements and post them when I get home tonight.
  5. M

Hey BAB, I put the Scrambler road test on my photobucket for you. Didn't know if you had seen it before. Thanks for your offer to help. You already have by giving me the seat dimensions. I still may need a templet to get the curves right. I've decided to keep it all original with the...
  6. M

Well that was easy so here are the rest. For pictures of the manuals and catalogs etc. please go to my photobucket link.
  7. M

Thanks mmisterbungl, we'll see if it works.
  8. M

For those who missed my original thread, here is a recap: Back in October 1960 my cousin bought this new minibike. The sales receipt was dated 1960 but it says it was a demonstrator so it could be a 1959. He modified the seat to fit his big butt and added the kickstand. Otherwise it is...
  9. M

Newbie with 1960 Go Kart Greenhorn Enduro

Hey Tomsprop, As soon as I'm finished cleaning it and then figure out how to work with photobucket. It's all original except for the seat, the grips and an added sidestand. But it needs some detailing as it has sat for some 20 years or so. So hang in there for a "mini" amount of time and...
  10. M

Wanted: Kill switch lever for Clinton Panther A400 ?

I'm looking for the original kill switch for the Clinton Panther A400 motor in my 1960 Go Kart Mfg. Greenhorn Enduro. It is a little lever that snapped onto the hex sides of the spark plug and swiveled up to run and down to touch the plug and ground it out. If you have one and can't sell...
  11. M

Thanks Bay, I already have that sheet as well as the original catalog and spec sheet. So that's one less item I need to scan. If you don't have the catalog I can scan that and email it to you. Let me know. I'm still hoping to find the spark plug kill lever. Any suggestions ?
  12. M

B.A.B. Thanks so much for the measurements. That will make duplicating the seat much easier. Since you seem to be the Greenhorn Guru, do you know where I can find the little metal plate that snaps onto the spark plug to kill the motor ?
  13. M

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm amazed at how fast I got responses about a basically obscure toy. B.A.B.: Thanks for the links and pix and I'll be happy to scan and share all the stuff I have. I just started cleaning the bike the day before I found this forum. So when I'm done I'll take...
  14. M

440dakota I've never posted pictures before but I'll figure it out and post some asap. C9H13NO3 I wasn't looking for an actual appraisal. Just an idea of a range of prices that you people see out in the market. The manufacturer was the Go Kart Mfg. Co. out of Azusa, California who I believe...
  15. M

After years of searching I came across this forum today and am very excited. About 10 years ago I inherited a 1960 Go Kart Mfg. Greenhorn Enduro Model 100 with a Clinton 2 1/2 hp Panther motor. It was my cousin's and with the exception of the seat that he modified to support his big butt...