1960 Greenhorn Enduro original survivor

For those who missed my original thread, here is a recap:

Back in October 1960 my cousin bought this new minibike. The sales receipt was dated 1960 but it says it was a demonstrator so it could be a 1959.

He modified the seat to fit his big butt and added the kickstand. Otherwise it is pretty much original. I think he also removed the governor.

When he grew up, being the pack rat that he was, he stored it in his dry heated basement until he died about 15 years ago. He left it to me in his will so I had it shipped to Colorado where I've had it stored in our dry climate here since then. Last year I put some premix in it and it fired right up. Amazing !!

I was thinking about restoring it and found this forum and got all excited. Fifteen years ago there was no forum so I had very little info other than the papers that came with it and a little research about the Go Kart Mfg. Co.

So attached is my first attempt to upload pictures onto a forum. I joined Photobucket and put all the stuff on there but couldn't figure out how to load them onto the thread so I just copied the web address below in the hopes that it works and you can all enjoy this rare treasure.

If it doesn't work then I would appreciate any help to make it work.

Pictures by mel-o-man - Photobucket

any photos you want to show up in your post do this

mouse over the thumbnails on that page you linked to. when you see the little box pop up/down, click on the very last box that starts with http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/strictly-us-vintage/...it will say 'copied'
then come here, paste the code and voila...

[IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb364/mel-o-man/IMG_0475.jpg

meloman
Awesome photos and thank you for sharing not only your heart felt story but the time and effort that went into allowing us to share your GEM!!
Anything I can do to help you with your restoration please feel free to PM me..:thumbsup:

Can I just say "Holy Moses!" That is one very very very rare engine! You just never see those right hand drive Clinton Panthers. I sold my green horn after looking for that engine for 2 years and not finding one. That is super cool.

Hey BAB, I put the Scrambler road test on my photobucket for you. Didn't know if you had seen it before.

Thanks for your offer to help. You already have by giving me the seat dimensions. I still may need a templet to get the curves right.

I've decided to keep it all original with the exception of restoring the seat and putting new grips on. My wife is bugging me to fire it up so she can ride it around the property.

Shelby28, yes I do consider myself very lucky to have it.

Rustymotors, This is the rare British version. The US version had left hand drive :)

OK Dumb (aka Texasfabguy) you put the heels of your feet in the front of the of the motor on the frame. We don't need no stinkin' footpegs. :)

JTG: I'll get the measurements and post them when I get home tonight.

Hey Shelby28, I've decided to leave it original as it has the most value that way. I will restore the seat back to the original size, shape and color (red) and am looking for some similar grips but that's all I'll change. But I haven't started on anything yet. I'm too busy riding my Triumph Bonneville so the seat and grips will have to wait until winter when I have more time.