Recent content by mike75925

1. mike75925

Briggs Updraft carb hook up

hey guys, do y'all remeber what the carb settings are? thanks
  2. mike75925

Need jets for your Mikuni? found this seller

i looked around for a while finding jets. the cheapest i have found for genuine jets was about $1.50, the most expensive was $20. the local bike shop sold me some for $1.00 apiece. otherwise i got some from AHP. these cloned carbs sometimes run a mix of mik and kiehin jets. make sure which ones...
  3. mike75925

Coil pickp off center

ever had the problem of when you tighten this nut, that nut tightens(bicycle wheels)? have your matchbox cover, doubled business card etc, in between the coil and fly. place your recessive hand on the coil to keep it in place. with your dominant hand, use the tool to tighten the bolts.
  4. mike75925

Building up a Harbor Freight Clone for Dummies

sounds reasonable. mine will eat belts, so i supped it up: flat top, 1.3s, 8* key and 18s. i already had a chinese scooter carb, fins cut, straight pipe dual lash caps. it eats the belts more. yesterday the driver blew apart or the bolt gave out. i've been running it the same way since...
  5. mike75925

TAV, how it works?

like tug-of-war. the driven is the strongest team, but the driver gets a boost like learning to plant one's feet or getting extra people.
  6. mike75925

anyone ever attempt this?

a keyed jackshaft the same size as the the original crank should work. the gear that drives the clutch basket is, in my experience keyed to the crank. install a js sprocket on to it and with a js from the engine it should work.
  7. mike75925

New Engine- Got it for free I Don't Know what to Do

anything you want. ultralight, airboat, hovercraft, motor for a jon boat, fix the kill switch and pawn/sell it to get more money to fix up other projects that have been waiting in the wings?
  8. mike75925

How many really use throttle control?

cat 350x, it only has the stock (as far as i know) 3hp briggs on it, but i run her. someone didn't know how to assemble a wheel in the fork, so the engine had way more strain than it should have. still has a nice top end though. after fixing the rear end, the rope broke, and now there is more...
  9. mike75925

New Camshaft or Alum. flywheel?

family moto
  10. mike75925

New Camshaft or Alum. flywheel?

if all you have done is remove the governor, most builders are saying the rod and fly will generally hold up to 6krpm. they also state that with the removal of the governor the engine will run in the neighborhood of 5200rpm. mine doesn't. whether because my crank (the journal or whatever was not...
  11. mike75925

gx160 flywheel on gx200?

the mags were aligned as were all other points. the keyways were still aligned. the next time i am into the engine, i will tape (measure) the screw to the fly. a guy on another forum was saying how thin the 8* key is, when i made mine, it was less than half way through the key. seeing the...
  12. mike75925

Short Video of Clone Powered MiniBaja

ATVs, Dirtbikes, Go-Karts, MiniBikes, Motorcycles Parts List"
  13. mike75925

Short Video of Clone Powered MiniBaja

how hard are you having to pull on the bars? she does look fast, but the baja warrior comes with a 196cc, doesn't it?
  14. mike75925

gx160 flywheel on gx200?

i have a gx160 that i got from a guy after i got the head from him. i laid the flys one over the other, the keyways lined right up. the only difference i saw was the honda fly had balancing holes drilled, and the clone didn't (besides foundry marks).
  15. mike75925

Mechanical engineers needed !!!

trying to follow along with this post is hectic. the 80cc 3 speed should whip the 240, if it was a motocross engine and maybe even if it wasn't. the added weight of the 240 knocks down the power to weight ratio. the yz85 will do 75mph and come up in all 6 of the gears. i haven't done much...