Recent content by Molson

1. M

Max torque Clutch gets super hot

Thank you for all the advice everyone, i appreciate it.
  2. M

no the filter and header is stage 2, but i set the choke full on according to the decal, so al lthe way towards the front of the bike, and it idles great and seams to have alot more power, so the label is wrong or my carb is messed? lol
  3. M

the kit is really the clutch,the clutch guard mounting hardware etc, i did not change anything on or in the engine, not even the air filter
  4. M

ok, so i likely bought the wrong clutch for what i wanted then... lol. Next ill have to figure out why the motor wont idle unless the choke is applied slightly...lol
  5. M

i simply took it for a test run after assembling it all, so i would call it putting for sure. I was scared to put the throttle to it, as i wanted to make sure everything was set up right. The clutch came with a set screw and a key, my honda clone is keyed, so i have the key in, and i put the set...
  6. M

I'll be honest, I'm not sure. It's a stock rear sprocket and a new max torque 3/4" Bore 12t 3100RPM Clutch Stall clutch,
  7. M

So I just dropped in a 6.5 honda clone with a stage one kit from hotrod mini bikes, I upgraded to the max torque clutch and got a new chain. I put it all together, lined it up pretty good (I think) I rode it about 75 feet total and came back to the garage, the clutch is smoking hot, just as hot...
  8. M

Clone 6.5HP Brand new with tight throttle

So I bought a 168f 196cc honda clone motor from a Canadian store,Princess Auto, I just ordered the pmr stage 1 kit from hot rod mini bikes, as I'm impatient I pulled the motor out to look, and the throttle lever is super tight, I have to assume, that it is set up this way depending on the...
  9. M

Tire replacements?

I will be putting on the 6.5 clone motor, so i think a stronger sidewall might be a good idea...
  10. M

Tire replacements?

I have a couple local tire replacement options without having to order online, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of thes two tread patterns? Duro HF240 Knobby ATV Front/Rear Tire - Canada's Motorcycle or Kenda K290 Scorpion General Purpose Front/Rear Tire - Motorcycle...
  11. M

DB30 Parts and upgrades in Canada?

I have zero experience with dirt bike parts, are the clutches and sprockets normally something I could find locally? Drilling I can handle, but welding aluminium to make a clutch cover is not my speciality, that's why the mod kit was appealing to me, I would like it safe to ride. Should I be...
  12. M

No harbour freight, but the 6.5hp engine i posted a link of is 99$ on sale at a local store.
  13. M

6.5 HP 196cc OHV Gas Engine | Princess Auto I guess you mean this engine? Could anyone tell me what is recomended to go along with this upgrade? should I buy the stage 1 kit from hotrodminibike? or just buy a aluminium adapter plate and a new clutch? Would this princess auto engine be considered...
  14. M

Thank you, I may or may not be 225lbs, and my children may or may not be far too young to ride this by themselves.... When you say 6.5 clone, do you know a name or model number?
  15. M

I would like to go that route I think, but trying to find a Canadian source that isn't double the price of a USA store is difficult.