Recent content by Motorhead58

1. M

Speedway Shark 1971 rear brake/axle

Thanks ATKRIDER. It will be a couple weeks before I get back to my shop to measure axle diameter. My yearly pilgrimage begins next Tuesday: trip to Fall Carlisle and then on to Hershey. This year will be my 52nd in a row to Hershey meet! I'll let you know if I run into any Speedway parts...
  2. M

Is this where I say "Bump"? Still looking for 1971 Speedway rear backing plate and brake shoes. Thanks!
  3. M

Thanks Harleys Papa! The most important item I need is the brake backing plate and shoes. I'll take your advice on axle and spacers if I don't find before brake parts. Thanks for the spacer offer! Very kind! I'll let you know if I need it. Tim
  4. M

Hello OldMiniBikes. I have a nice original 1971 Speedway Shark that I bought 20 years ago. It has been waiting for some attention. Now is the time. I need a rear brake backing plate/shoes assembly, rear axle & spacers, and a front end with intact headlight brackets (my front end is there, but...
  5. M

Speedway Widow Maker exhaust

Widow Maker exhaust ATKRIDER, Any way you can help me! I've pm'd you but you must be busy. Hope all is good with you. Just need some simple dimensions on a Widow Maker exhaust pipe. Thanks!
  6. M

72 indian mm5a Flywheel puller WTB or Borrow

Training Wheels Marilyn, I have a Mini Mini that I'm about to redo. I'd be interested in the training wheels if you decide to sell. If no, I'd like to get pictures/measurements on the training wheel brackets so I can fabricate. I have NOS wheels, but no brackets. Thanks! Tim
  7. M

Need help indentifying Rupp frame

That would be a 1970 and up frame. 1970s were 10" wire spoked wheels and 1971 and up were 12" spoked wheels. Rupp also made a three piece chrome wheel in 1971 on the Hustler and Scrambler that was also 10" diameter. One other Rupp used that frame as well, the 1970 Sprint used the 6" turbine...
  8. M

Widow Maker exhaust dimensions Does anyone out there have the time to measure your Speedway Widow Maker exhaust pipe? I have one available, but not sure if it is correct. I need the over all length, inlet diameter, and the approximate diameter at it's largest part. Thanks in advance!
  9. M

Widow Maker exhaust pipe I don't understand the "bump" thing and the tread rules. Need to study up I guess. Still looking for a Widow Maker exhaust/muffler (chrome). I will pay top dollar (not sure what that is but.......). Have Rupp and Speedway NOS, used, and complete bikes to trade.
  10. M

Sachs 125 engine wanted

Not sure if I'm doing the "refresh the tread" thing correct. Here goes: still need a Sachs 125 with a 5 speed gear box for my Speedway Silver Shadow project bike. Engine has a cast jug and a flat finned head. I'd consider a later year engine as well. Certainly someone out there has...
  11. M

Lawson Oval Air Cleaner (Dart Cycle)

Need an oval air cleaner for an early 1960's Lawson engine. pm me with any leads. Thanks!
  12. M

speedway parts

Fuel Tank YOOP, I pm'd you. I'll take the tank. Thanks!
  13. M

speedway parts

Fuel Tank Will you take $30 for it plus shipping to 29642? If so, pm for payment.
  14. M

Sachs 125 engine wanted

Sachs 125 Cast Jug and flat finned head Thanks kc57. I looked at your Ebay links and did not see any complete engines. Let me know if I missed something. I'm old and not that computer sharp. Still looking! Come on guys! I have cash or NOS Rupp parts to trade. I bought out over ten...
  15. M

speedway parts

Speedway Tank Are the treads at the top of the fuel tank dented or just the fuel cap? In other words, are the only dents in the tank where they could be filled?