Recent content by MrBPrice

1. M

Loud Bang/Mini Explosion, Now it Won't Start

I picked up a Predator 224 yesterday. I never wanted crazy speed, so running this stock should be plenty for me. (And for those talking about it, yes, I needed a new 3/4 clutch)
  2. M

I'm going to mount the coil and Flywheel shroud above my workbench. They definitely saved me from injury. I started out just wanting some mechanical advice, but as things developed, this brought to light some serious safety issues. I learned a lot from this experience and hopefully others will too.
  3. M

This is very true, but unfortunately I found this forum after I destroyed my motor. Live and learn.... And no...it wasn't Red Beard:). I actually watched his video on removing the governor internally because I figured that would get me close to the control rod and in that video he mentions that...
  4. M

Problem found...but first of all, thank you all for your help and suggestions. I got back in town last night. I woke up with an upset stomach and had to call off. I figured I would go ahead and pull the motor in between bathroom visits. After getting it on my bench I noticed a lot of damage to...
  5. M

Thank you. That's great advice. And yes, that would be a costly zip tie. Now admittedly, most of my mini bike knowledge is from YouTube videos (I know, I hear myself and how dumb that sounds in retrospect), but are you saying that I shouldn't try to modify these mini bikes at all? Or, if I...
  6. M

:DMedical equipment is far from clean (trust me, you don't want to know some of the things I see). My hands are always dirty, I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction so as not to be doing unnecessary repairs.
  7. M

Thanks for the welcome...and thanks for the suggestions. I'm traveling this week for job training, but I will take a look at the things you mentioned this weekend. I'll keep you posted.
  8. M

Quick back story: I purchased my 11 year old son a Coleman CT100u for Xmas. He previously had a Razor electric bike that did 12mph so I could just ride my mountain bike with him. With the CT100u doing 20mph stock, I figured I needed something to keep up with him so I bought a CT200u-ex for...