Recent content by norris68

1. N

"MiniBike" or "Mini Bike"

Minibike works a heck of a lot better in search engines when I'm looking for parts. Entering mini and bike separately brings up every folding, small bicycle and 2 million other things I'm not interested in.
  2. N

Howdy from The "dumpster diver" in wisconsin

It's amazing the good stuff people throw away! My kids groan every time I slow and examine piles of wood or mowers set out for garbage collection. Usually a spark plug or new pull string is all that's needed to get a small engine going again. Great find!
  3. N

Trying to revive my old minibike!

Man, I'll bet it would. I've got special order tastes and a clearance shelf budget- I'm learning enough on this site to get the right standard, stock, common stuff from now on. I wish I had gotten on here sooner. Thank you, Mac. Have a good weekend.
  4. N

Thanks, CLH! I wish I was kin to Chuck. I'd be entertaining starlets on the West Coast instead of railroading in Tx!! To use the 7/8" clutch off Ebay, I'd need to thread the end of the cut shaft on the Honda to hold it on. I'd also need to buy a larger rear sprocket and chain, since it's #40...
  5. N

I'm going to take it to a machine shop & ask them to reduce the shaft to 3/4" and thread the end where I can secure it with a bolt. If that's too expensive I will just list the little Honda motor on Craigslist and get something more standard sized. One of these days I'm going to do my homework...
  6. N

Man, this is beautiful!! I was feeling proud to get an even coat of gold paint on mine followed...

Man, this is beautiful!! I was feeling proud to get an even coat of gold paint on mine followed by clear coat. You're in another galaxy.
  7. N

It is drilled out, but not threaded. I can do anything with wood, but I'm not too swift with metal. Should I take it to a machine shop and ask them to drill it out more and thread it? I'm guessing that wouldn't be as expensive as milling the shaft down to 3/4"- where the clutch I've got would...
  8. N

The straight, usable portion of the shaft is 1 1/4". I'll keep looking on Ebay, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
  9. N

Thank you for responding, that looks great. I'm going to measure the shaft on the Honda- not sure if it's 2". I appreciate your help!
  10. N

I bought a Honda GC160, mismeasured the shaft- it's 7/8. I mistakenly ordered a 3/4" centrifugal clutch for it.(for #35 chain) I can't afford a comet belt drive get-up and I'm wondering where to go from here. 7/8" clutches are either non-existent or I'm looking in the wrong places. Other than...