Recent content by o2jmpr

1. O

130212 with choke a matic throttle link with governor

I’m working on a 130212 with a choke a matic and can’t figure out what to do for throttle linkage installation. I would like to keep the choke a matic remote control on top of the engine for choking and engine kill switch but also have remote throttle WITH the governor. I believe the choke...
  2. O

Here's the new Flathead

Nevermind about the springs. I saw a YouTube of a guy using trusty old zip ties. Why didn’t I think of that. Zip ties can do anything! :)
  3. O

Here's the new Flathead

I had some time to start to dig in today. It looks a lot better than I anticipated despite still being pretty cruddy. I think this will clean up nicely and be ok. I can spin the intake valve barely. It takes a good amount of trying, but I'll get them out, lap them and grind if needed. I...
  4. O

Flathead type can't be found.

I'm only ever as hard as I have to be. It had to come off and no further amount of heat and oil was acceptable so there was no choice but yes, it would have made me sick if I ruined it. I could always go back to the stock muffler though or probably get it tapped oversize. I have an old Bird...
  5. O

Mine's a '77. She is FILTHY too. Looks like a leak around the valve cover. I don't know anything about these engines so this is all new. Today, I torched and oiled, torched and oiled and beat the piss out of the old muffler pipe to get it out. I wound up breaking a pair of vice grips, a...
  6. O

Thank you buddy for the confirmation. I appreciate it.
  7. O

Hey all, I just purchased my first flathead today! The #'s are 130212 0659-01. I found the chart that explains the model # info and also the code but there's nothing out there to specify exactly that the type #'s mean other than they stand for colors, stickers etc.. No one selling...
  8. O

Hand Bending tubing

Great news. Thank you both for the responses. I'll try to find some scrap to give it a shot first. It's encouraging to know that I should at least be able to use a conduit bender to get to 90 degrees. The frame I want to make will have one 90 degree bend and its radius is not too important...
  9. O

Hand Bending tubing

Hey guys! I'm considering a scratch build for a simple mini chopper using 7/8" tube but I've only ever worked with square tube before. Is it possible to hand bend 7/8" in a jig or over a homemade mandrel of some sort? If so, is cold bending ok? Thanks for the help here!
  10. O

Hound/Hot Dog handlebar fitment???

You're probably right. I usually try to make things more difficult than they need to be. :surrender:
  11. O

I've seen several Grattan Hound Dogs and Hot Dogs here in the forums and I like them a lot and would like to copy and build the frame myself. They all have the same style of forks and handlebars. It's a really easy frame to copy but I don't quite get the handlebars is all. The picture I...
  12. O

Can someone please tell me how they accomplished the fitment and pull back of the round rod or tube handlebars into the square tube of these mini bikes? It seems to me if you just angled them in and welded you would not get enough material in there for it to be a very strong junction. Example:
  13. O

Calaveras Climber

I like it! I'm partial to the rugged looking square tube frames like this and the Hound Dog. I wonder if there is a structural strength advantage to using square? I would like to weld my own frame some day but hate the thought of all the pipe bending and notching. Cool find!
  14. O

Greyhound 2.5 governor or (please help a dummy)

ok! I appreciate your help. It's been frustrating me something awful. I need to find a "for dummies" book and start from the beginning.
  15. O

Greyhound 2.5 governor or (please help a dummy)

Thanks minikenny! I searched for this before posting and have stared at that pic for likely an hour. I don't understand how this could work. Opening the throttle would be fine, but there is nothing in this pic that shows a return spring of any kind. When she opens the throttle, the linkage...