Recent content by Old Lady

1. Old Lady

New Predator 212cc Engine Rewind Starter Posistion

My bike is up on our mountain property now. I'll try to remember to measure it this weekend for you. Thanks for all your help with the engine questions. I grew up near you in Huntingdon Valley. My brothers had mini bikes and I was never allowed to ride them. I got my first bike (Coleman) for...
  2. Old Lady

New rides entry: 1970 Sportsman SMT 500 Mini Trail

I've replaced the engine after new valves new carb and hours of fiddling with it. My kids bought me a Predator 212cc for Mother's Day! Yay!
  3. Old Lady

Minibike on steroids

Sportsman
  4. Old Lady

I picked this up on CraigsList a couple months ago. I LOVE it! The frame has been altered a bit to accept the 5hp Briggs it came with. It is a BLAST to ride, even tho I have only gone 29mph on it! sportsman smt500 mini trail Sportsman
  5. Old Lady

You get 60 mph on that thing?!?!?!?! yikes! But very cool. Your bike looks great, You might think of adding springs to the seat like I did here. It has smoothed out the bumps quite well! https://youtu.be/oxvqON15KDQ
  6. Old Lady

That's cool! Does the throttle cable go directly into the carb?? I will keep it in mind but I don't plan on removing the governor at this point.
  7. Old Lady

Thank you so much! I'll put it back to the original linkage like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlBbE00I8V0
  8. Old Lady

I put an air intake similar to this on my Coleman CT200U however mine did not come with anything for the breather hose. I see on the photo you posted that you have a little filter on yours. Am I going to mess up my engine without this filter???
  9. Old Lady

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I'm having a hard time starting my new Predator. I linked the throttle directly tothe carb and wired the governor arm in the full position on the advice of a friend. I'm thinking I need to undo that and go with the original linkage. What do you think????
  10. Old Lady

I would love to adjust the pull cord rewind starter so the cord pulls from the back side of the engine. Does anyone know if that is possible? Are the holes on the case symmetrical? If I rotate it counterclockwise 45 degrees will it affect the function? As it is, the cord comes out on the front...
  11. Old Lady

New rides entry: 1970 Sportsman SMT 500 Mini Trail

Old Lady 1970 Sportsman SMT 500 Mini Trail My first build/overhaul. I stripped the frame, repainted it, made a new seat, new cables, wheels, tires, brakes, clutch, exhaust, carburetor, head gasket, ground the eye brows, port and polished the intake and exhaust and lapped the valves to...
  12. Old Lady

New rides entry: 2015 Coleman CT2ooU

Old Lady 2015 Coleman CT2ooU My husband bought this for me for my 50th Birthday! I was always jealous of my brothers minibikes growing up in the 70's. Now I have one - or two of my own! We ride this on pur mountain property. I made a Dump Truck out of a recycle bin to tote things around...
  13. Old Lady

Help! I think its a Tote Gote, but I'm a Newb.

Do you know if there is way to figure out when it was made? I don't see any dates on the advertisement page you posted and I am not finding much about the company online either.
  14. Old Lady

I bought that baby! I love it.
  15. Old Lady

I found this "beauty" on Craigslist for $100. I think it's a Tote Gote but I can't find anything exactly like it online to verify. I live in Colorado so a bike out of Utah makes sense. This is my first overhaul and I'm learning a ton! I know it has had some modifications. The plate across...