Recent content by Onebean

1. O

Predator 212 idles erratically and cuts out when throttle is opened

@SAS289 this will be all the motor my son will need for ripping around the neighborhood. My bike might be a different story. :cool:
  2. O

Introduction post

Thanks for the kind words. These are the earliest photos I can find, and it’s after we installed the new wheels and tires. I wanted to try and straighten the forks, but they were just too bent and rusted to use.
  3. O

@SAS289 I just saw your message, and you are 100% correct. Thank you!
  4. O

Update - I got this fixed!!! So based on recommendations here I restored the original throttle components and governor, I even put the hand throttle back in place to make sure nothing was influencing the throttle or governor. The motor ran exactly the same, terrible. Frustrated from all the...
  5. O

I had some time tonight to work on this, and here’s where I’m at. I removed the spring from the governor and it didn’t change the erratic idle. I decided to put the throttle back to stock configuration, so I could rule out the governor throttle issue completely. I swapped it back to all the...
  6. O

I originally hooked it up as you show, but I wasn't happy with the way it worked. I couldn't get it to move smoothly, and it seemed to be too many points of "linkage" to work smooth and reliable. Moving the connections to the governor shaft made it simple and smooth.
  7. O

@ole4 After watching a guy on YouTube use the governor arm for throttle linkage, I did that. I assumed using it as throttle linkage would override the governor. I have spring tension on it to close the carburetor when the throttle is released. Here’s a picture of how I have it hooked up. The...
  8. O

Introduction post

@Triley41395 thank you. We got it as a frame and forks only. The forks were bent pretty badly, so we adapted forks from a Yamaha PW50, and modified the frame to make clearance for the Predator carb/air cleaner. We also replaced a section of frame that was rusted from the inside out, leaving the...
  9. O

Here’s a video clip of it running. I did not touch the throttle during this video.
  10. O

My son and I are trying to finish a mini bike build, and we are struggling with the 212 Predator. Here’s what we’ve done. We removed the Predator fuel tank, air box, and exhaust, and replaced them with a custom made fuel tank, stage 1 intake and KN style air cleaner, and a header with a screw...
  11. O

Introduction post

Hi, I wanted to post an introduction for my first post. My friends have small and big tire mini bikes, and I got the itch to build one too. My son and I are finishing a build of a vintage Sears mini bike, but I’m having trouble with the Predator 212 we put on it. I’ll be posting a thread on that...