Recent content by oscart

1. oscart

Early Taco

I would like to purchase an early Taco roller or frame to put my West Bend 580 or Clinton Panther in. Would love a Burrito, Frijole, Taco 33, 55 or any Series 1 model. Just want a restorable project. Cash or possibly trade my nos Clinton A400 Panther motor. Cheers, Oscar
  2. Clinton1

Clinton1

3. oscart

1967 Taco 44, ?? Good Deal ??

The price is fair considering it has the original brakes, wheels, front forks and good frames. Most Taco buyers want the original thing. Those parts are hard to find in good shape individually. Too many guys will part a bike out and try and make a killing on those parts. Cheapest way to get the...
  4. oscart

A Taco Story

Sell me the Taco cover and Briggs fan shroud! And maybe the frame and the rest of it! :)
  5. oscart

Working on Briggs Engines? You need this!

Yup, always buy shop manuals for all your service work. My dad was a mechanic and I learned early on that professional service manuals were a must have for all of your vehicles.
  6. oscart

Zama Carb

Those carbs were used on the Stihl chainsaws.
  7. oscart

Sausage Fuel Tank

Any chance to see a pic of the dents?
  8. oscart

Taco jackshaft

Any chance of posting some pics? I have a 66 I will be restoring as well. :)
  9. oscart

wanted. Taco 22 brake assembly

Hello, I am looking to purchase a complete Taco 22 brake assembly. Not looking for the paddle brake, but the drum brake setup. Thanks!
  10. oscart

Gear ratio help

Also with gear ratios, consider the riders weight. It doesn't take must low end to get a bike going with a 90 pound rider. Things change when you put some 200 pounds on.
  11. oscart

Taco 22 finally from 3 years ago....

Great bike. We need to start a thread on old Taco painted red or orange. Every bike I have bought has been the standard "used Taco red" . What is with that.
  12. oscart

1968 Taco 99 Trail Bike

If you Taco does not have the kill switch on the Briggs, most small engine shops have them in stock. There is a long version and short version depending on which plug you use. I paid ~$7.00 each.
  13. oscart

Taco 22 Chain Alignment

That was on my Taco 22 with the Tristar 5" wheel. It actually has a wider hub then the 6" Tristar which pushes the sprocket out even further. I kept the rear wheel centered and purchased a Briggs engine adaptor plate which I modified to offset the engine which allowed me to center the engine...
  14. oscart

Early Taco 44 Frame

Thanks! I will. Looking for a tube swing arm model.
  15. oscart

Early Taco 44 Frame

No, he decided not to sell it.