Recent content by pb73

1. P

Baja Warrior with gx390 - Jackshaft or Not?

thanks, ill try and get you a closeup of the throttle.. it's just a makeshift setup but it works perfectly..
  2. P

Well the Baja Warrior with the GX390 is finally about done.. just have a couple things left to do and it's ready.. I'm not really a bling kind of guy, the chrome stuff was put on as a display piece, some customers ask for that kind of stuff so.. lol This is the electric Start Engine but it's...
  3. P

UPDATE .. Sorry for the long delayed responses.. This got put on hold for the winter but now it's time to finish it.. Well I'm still going to try it without the jackshaft first and see how it performs.. I'm going to make a chain guide for it because the chain is fairly long without a...
  4. P

GX390 Header Needed - Anybody have one?

Anyone have one of these gx390 headers? Just a basic 90 degree header is fine.. It's going on the 390 Clone that I've put into this Baja Warrior.. PM me if you have anything. thanks
  5. P

Ok here's some photos of what I got done so far.. 3.5" Stretch, had to extend and widen the engine mounting plate, then obviously re-drill the mounting holes.. it fits decent in there now with the stock muffler and fuel tank removed.. with that stuff on it won't fit.. Don't matter cause it...
  6. P

Ok I'll try and get some photos in the next day or so.. The guy who i'm building this for did mention he was going to go with a TAV in the spring so I guess i'll just mount the engine so the centrifugal clutch is in line with the rear sprocket..
  7. P

Well theres not much to see.. I cut and extended the frame by 3inches and redid the engine mounting plate.. Other than that it's all the same.. I'm just deciding if I should bother with the jackshaft.. He did mention he was going to go with a TAV in the spring so maybe I should just mount the...
  8. P

I'm deciding on whether to put the effort in making a new jackshaft plate and mount to go with this gx390 i've mounted onto this Baja Warrior.. Is it worth it or does the GX390 have enough torque to pull this bike up hills without a jackshaft?? I have the stock rear sprocket for the warrior...
  9. P

Centrifugal CLutch for GX390 Clone 1" Shaft

ANybody know where I purchase a centrifual clutch for a 1" shaft clone? doesn't have to be a fancy race clutch.. I have this 390 going into a baja warrior, should be fun when finsihed
  10. P

Short Video of Clone Powered MiniBaja

Yes the bikes come with a jackshaft.. My bike in this video is using the stock gearing.. The top speed isn't as high as a bike setup for drag racing but it accelerates hard and climbs well, it's a good trail bike.
  11. P

you got that right
  12. P

I'm running the stock gearing/jackshaft.. It's used for trails so it would be stupid to remove it.. I did however try a top speed run awhile back without the jackshaft.. Went direct from front to back sprocket, it was too fast for that bike LOL
  13. P

yes it's a 196cc engine. i'm pulling a bit on the bars but once the power comes in she'll stay up if you do your part.. I wasn't pushing my luck that morning cause I had no helmet lol I've flipped it over backwards a few times pulling wheelstands.. Since they're such a short wheelbase they...
  14. P

oldschool, yes you have a point, I don't doubt that with some tuning you could get more out of it. I've tried adjusting the rear pulley but the gearing is close to stock.. The drive sprocket is only 1 tooth less than stock and the rear sprocket is stock.