Recent content by Phosguy

1. P

Minibike in living room??

Lol. I have a Rupp project in the family room. Convenient! Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  2. P

ISO Tecumseh HS40 engine ID plate

Thank you for your response! Still looking.
  3. P

ISO Tecumseh HS40 engine ID plate

I am restoring a 1970 Rupp Roadster with the original HS40 Tecumseh engine. Of course, like many, keeping the motor original has taken some effort and I am looking for an ID plate for this motor. Can anyone assist? Thank you all for the great forums!
  4. P

1970 Rupp Roadster original condition

Awesome original machine. I am working on the same.
  5. P

Crankshaft for Tecumseh HS40 motor

Looking for a crankshaft for Tecumseh HS40 for my 1970 Rupp Roadster. Crank needs to be 3 inches on clutch side. Thanks
  6. P

I would love to hear your outside the box solution to keep from getting stuck

It's called a ROKON. What made them tough to stick was large tires, yes, but TWO WHEEL DRIVE. 2 gripping tires for traction is always tough to beat!
  7. P

Looking for a crankshaft for my 1970 Tecumseh HS40

Trying to keep the unit original. I actually have a couple of shorter cranks but looking for the longer. Thanks.
  8. P

Ya, they are becoming tougher to find but they still exist.
  9. P

All, still looking for a good crankshaft for my 1970 Rupp Roaster with a HS40 Tecumseh motor. Want to keep it nostalgic. Can anyone provide me with direction? Thank you phosguy
  10. P

Need HS40 Crankshaft

I am restoring a 1970 Rupp Roadster with the HS40 engine. Of course, the engine was shot as well as the crankshaft was not correct. I found another HS40 - 55388C so must be a newer engine but this crank is not very good. What item number should the crankshaft be for this HS40-55388C so I can...
  11. P

Tecumseh crank question

Very informative. Thank you
  12. P

Rupp C250

Fantic Freddy, I agree. I personally never buy a scooter to resell. I am an enthusiast. BUT, I always try to stay informed on value, so if need be and have to sell, I break even. Never happens,..... either way, most of us in this sport would help out a fellow enthusiast with their project...
  13. P

stupid question

Lol. Great post! I also enjoy riding my "treasures" equal to sitting on a bucket, drinking beer, looking at them,.... We are all one in the same on some important topics.
  14. P

Forks- Chrome vs. Powdercoat

All, great discussion! I want to chime in with my 2 cents. I have sold metal pretreatment for 26 years. I am an enthusiast of surface preparation as well as motorcycle- restoration. Here goes- Powder coating is awesome. Chrome is awesome. Bottom line, do and use what YOU like and can...
  15. P

Thoughts/prayers to Buckeye and Family

Tom, sorry to hear.