Recent content by Racer

1. Racer

Wilm's Kart Shop Tom Wilm's Contact Info

SOLVED Hi We got ahold of him Anybody wants his number we have it He is pretty much retired Have a good Sunday Bob
  2. Racer

Wilm's Kart Shop Tom Wilm's Contact Info

Hi Could somebody let us know how to get ahold of him please? Thanks Have a nice day Bob
  3. Racer

Kohler K241 10 HP Cleanup

Howdy! Engine is all disassembled. Head and engine base(oil pan) have been cleaned and bead blasted. Block is at machine shop for the same.
  4. Racer

Kohler K241S 10 Horse Starter

This one here never had one when we bought it. What is the best one to get? Like a heavy duty or higher rating one. NP:It takes an electric starter.Shroud side there is no provision for pull starter.I don't think I would want to do that with this engine anyhow. It came with solenoid and...
  5. Racer

Briggs and Stratton 2hp No Spark

Very painful to look at that nice little 2 horse on that edger! Our two met a horrible fate.That won't happen again! There was an edger like that at a thrift store here for $30. If I knew then what would happen I would have picked it up!
  6. Racer

Mini Formula Car Using Quad Parts

Tom Here's Formula 1000 Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_1000 If you have an old ATV Quad how much of it can you use to build a single seater? Quad's are center steer and so are single seat Formula open wheel racers. Seems like you could use at least some of the front...
  7. Racer

Mini Formula Car Using Quad Parts

Has somebody already thought of this? Cannibalizing a quad to make a small Formula racer? Looking for a small chain drive IRS rearend and I thought of quads. I know they have motorcycle powered Formula cars. Actually Cooper Formula cars had motorcycle engines over in England.
  8. Racer

when to draw the line ??

1 Go ahead and re engine it 2 KEEP the old engine. 3 Either slowly rebuild old engine because you enjoy doing it OR Keep it for the next owner
  9. Racer

Mini Plans Sports Car Body/Frame Design

"lots of ideas will jump out at Ya" Once I add dimensions. Then draw it in Turbocad. This frame is done. Like this. Welded T-Bucket Perimeter Frame
  10. Racer

Here's paint file. Top view. Side view, It's a single kickup in the rear frame.
  11. Racer

Will get back to you in the morning. See you then.
  12. Racer

Finally came up with a good design to meet all goals. This Mini Plans is a downsizing of full scale car. Suitable for driving around big empty parking lots with cones for race track. Just simple get together car event. Anybody interested? I am looking into making a site on Github. So will...
  13. Racer

Super Light Weight Reareard Fabricated

Have kart 1" axle, 4 on 4 hubs, and 13" rims already. It was bugging me thinking about building it kart style solid mounting. This sprung rear end will be way better. Get to test build torsion bar 4 link front and back sprint car style. 4:1 gear on Amazon went up in price since this morning...
  14. Racer

"An old cub cadet rear end too narrow or heavy? " Too narrow. Thank you for posting that. Found 3:1 and 4:1 gears. 4:1 Boston Gear PA848Y-G. Have some on Amazon.com. 3:1 ratio Boston Gear guy said not recommended for 10hp Kolher torque. Said 4:1 set was okay. You can find 4 on 4 hubs for 1"...
  15. Racer

There's a machine shop down the street from me so we're going to keep him busy.:smile: Note: This can be used for a trike. Like a meter maid thing. Retro. Not making long jumps with. Anyhow there is a gap here to be filled. A junkyard rearend from a micro car is too heavy. Might as well...