Recent content by racerone3

1. R

For a living

I've built Race cars for a living for 15 years. after 5 years with Richard Petty Motorsports, 280 of us got fired due to a lousy merger. the entire industry is in bad shape with around 2000 of us who have never done anything else out looking for work. now I'm pondering what my next career will...
  2. R

air compressor info

the tank size is what will determine how long you can run a tool before it winds down. the small portable ones are great for things like air nailers, but won't work well for running sanders, grinders or for spraying paint. i have a Kobalt bought from Lowes (no clue who really made it) 80...
  3. R

What did you get (or get yourself) for Christmas?

sorry for the confusion! I got the "blown engine" on the splitter up and running, but it was puking a ton of oil out the breather. did a leak down and a compression test and both were good. changed the breather and it was still puking oil. (in retrospect, there was some water in the...
  4. R

Round Gas Tank Caps?

you can get these A/N weld bungs in several sizes. -12 or -16 would work well for a filler neck Steel Weld-In Fittings : Steel Welding Bungs : Steel Male Weld-In Fittings : Steel Male Welding Bungs : Steel Female Weld-In Fittings then you can use these caps JEGS Performance Products 105315...
  5. R

1971 rokon trail 140

Those old 140 Rokons have been coming out of the woodwork lately! there are 3 on ebay right now and all mention in the listing how rare they are and how you probably won't find another...
  6. R

Mustang Trail Machine

not sure if it's the same "Mustang". the mowers were made by Mowett in Odessa MO. they came in 5,7,and 8 HP models. the # on the grille was in reference to the HP... hard plastic tires. pneumatic tires were an upgrade. they are built like a push mower with a seat and steering. here is mine...
  7. R

yeah, it was the one on the splitter. the rim survived, and i've already got the tire replaced. changed a coil, cleaned the carb and gas tank and my "blown up" splitter runs like a champ. I blew a left rear tire on the truck 700 miles from home last year. doing 70 mph in the hammer lane...
  8. R

I went to look at/ buy the splitter having never seen it before, and having no idea what size wheel/tire it had, so I didn't bring a spare. I can find a rim/tire at the junkyard for $10... would have taken a roll back to come get the splitter, that for sure would have been more than $10
  9. R

Ran a wanted ad on CL last Thursday for a wood splitter with a blown engine. I wanted a splitter cheap and figured if i got one that was blown up I could pick it up on the cheap... I have tons of small engines, so that is no problem. got a call on Christmas eve in reply to my ad. went and...
  10. R

Socks, underwear, and a sandblaster for the shop... I must be getting old... i'm more excited about socks and underwear that aren't holy!
  11. R

six wheeler for trade

nope, that one is an amphicat. this one is a max II... http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/racerone3/max_at_work.jpg this one is an attex http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/racerone3/Attex%20295%20Wild%20Wolf/IMG_1026.jpg there were about 300 different companies that made them...
  12. R

Have to Sell my Trike

not yet... I've had a bunch of tire kickers, and a few people "trying to come up with the cash" but no buyers yet.
  13. R

Have to Sell my Trike

nope. not a chance.
  14. R

Not too mini! wanted front rack??

here is one on ebay right now Rokon trailbreaker front rack off of a 1970 rokon - eBay (item 200554754091 end time Dec-16-10 14:20:33 PST)
  15. R

Performance Flathead issues

sounds to me like one of the pickup tubes in the bottom of the carb has cracked. (probably the short one). they typically crack right where they meet the carb. sounds like it's running when the bowl in the tank is full, but as soon as it runs the fuel level down it starts sucking air. you are...