Recent content by Ruckster

1. R

blur the line Tractor / Minibike

Was thinking the same thing, Rokon too high and wanted the load down load where you could manage it AND use your feet. Like the Homelite Trail King frame but with big wheels. Seen some clowns with Colemans mini atv tires bucking and tipping over little rocks on what must have been the...
  2. R

Increasing top Governer speed to 4500 on a Briggs series 950 or 1150?

Thanks for the rpm suggestion, was concerned about that claim of being able to over rev them. The regular brigs 1150 series (250cc) drops to only marginally better than the cheap Briggs & Stratton 950 CR Series OHV Horizontal Engine — 208CC, 3/4in. x 2 7/16in. Shaft, Model# 13R232-0001-F1 at...
  3. R

Increasing top Governer speed to 4500 on a Briggs series 950 or 1150?

I understand with a Predator 212 you can open up the idle port and the top governed speed will be about 4500, but with no idle control. That will not do. I need a governed utility engine that still idles and am looking at the new 950 or 1150 B&S. Anyone have an ideas? One contractor stated he...
  4. R

Engine Braking on a Homelite Trail King?

I've read that the Trail King has absolute engine braking with a load on going down hill. Is there something unique about their variable speed clutch? Had a Polaris 2x4 250, good acceleration to 45mph, no appreciable engine braking at any speed on flat ground. In recent years belt drive 4x4's...
  5. R

Homelite Trail King frame SPRING construction photos?

Could someone post some photos of the Homelite Trail King frame SPRING construction? Great idea for taking the stress of the step through scooter style frame! Any notes on how it attaches to the front and rear would be appreciated. MTwarrior17 posted some pics here...