Recent content by Rupp Rookie

1. Rupp Rookie

Spring parts sale!!!!@@@@@@

Interested in learning more about the pipe, will send you a PM. Phil
  2. Rupp Rookie

Hs50 id

Thanks! :thumbsup: So if I wanted to get a little more power out of it, what "easy and inexpensive" mods would you recommend? Phil
  3. Rupp Rookie

Hs50 id

Trying to ID the year, here are the #s: HS50 67349H (B) 3253B ... being an HS50, what else does this tell me? Phil
  4. Rupp Rookie

problem with forum. keep getting redirected.

The "General Minibike Talk" section still seems to be having an issue, but the other "sections" seem to be working.
  5. Rupp Rookie

problem with forum. keep getting redirected.

It seems to be working for me now with Firefox.
  6. Rupp Rookie

Signature

Got it, thanks. :thumbsup:
  7. Rupp Rookie

paint removal

If you do go with media blasting, just make sure that you do you home work 1st. There is a BIG difference in media blasters. You don't want the guy that has been blasting dump trucks all day at 200 psi using black beauty. By comparison, we blast at 40 psi using crushed glass (which is the...
  8. Rupp Rookie

Signature

The site says I do not have permission to have a signature on my posts. What is the criteria to have a signature? Phil
  9. Rupp Rookie

paint removal

Media blasting. Way less painful than chemical stripping and leaves a better profile for adhesion. Cost shouldn't be too much. We strip minibike frames for $50. You should be able to find someone in your area. Phil
  10. Rupp Rookie

1971 Rupp Scrambler Project

yes, I ended up buying a more complete '70 Enduro, so I am selling this one. Phil
  11. Rupp Rookie

1971 Rupp Scrambler Project

It is currently not running, but it will run, the engine turns over fine. It has a Tecumseh 0HH55 6.5 HP engine. I have the seat foam, but nothing else; so what you see is what you get. The top frame bar has been slightly bent (about an inch upward) to accept the larger motor, but it has not...
  12. Rupp Rookie

Need your help! BBQ Mini Bike Race

I agree, but I would like to use the HS50 as it fits the bike well and looks somewhat correct. Honestly, the "race" is just a 1-time fun event, so winning isn't really that critical (but I don't want to embarrass myself either). So I think I will get the HS50 running well, maybe make a few...
  13. Rupp Rookie

Looking at another roller and engine

Thanks man, yes I have a mig. :thumbsup: I pick up the bike a week from today...anxious to get tinkering on it, but you are right, I should wait and see what I have. For now, I will just keep building me eBay "watch list." :devil2: Phil
  14. Rupp Rookie

Looking at another roller and engine

Thanks, I am going to go the '71 and up route. Like you said, the '70 muffler setup looks cool (and expensive), but the other looks more practical (and 1/2 the price). Just to confirm, my engine pictured above is an HS50, correct? Phil