Recent content by Sheik Yerbouti

1. S

Briggs 5s Project

Hi, I don't know if you still have this motor. The cast iron head was usually found on the WI engines. I have a WI and a 5S. Bought the pair for $30 and have both of them running. I'm in the process of powering a 60's bicycle with the 5S. I have some plans from a 40's or 50's Popular mechanics...
  2. S

chopper

Thanks for the compliment. I couldn't see the puddle. Thought it must be the welder or the helmet. Nope, just needed a pair of low power reading glasses. Here's the other side. The shaft is just for mock up. It has some washed out areas.
  3. S

chopper

Sorry about the double photo. And the brake is from some kind of Kawasaki. Not a Yamaha.
  4. S

chopper

Here's the disc brake tacked back on. It's a Yamaha brake. I just hope the bike has enough power to over come the brake.
  5. S

chopper

Here's the reinforced frame with the new jackshaft tacked on and the rear wheel adjusters.
  6. S

chopper

I removed the Disc brake and jackshaft, cut and reinforced the frame and removed the wheel. Since I got the thing for free, I'm trying to do this on the cheap and reuse any thing I can.
  7. S

chopper

Yea, the frame and fork look manufactured and it has a large clutch/t.c. cover. But someone welded up a nice teardrop tank.
  8. S

chopper

My neighbor laid this bike on me yesterday. Any idea what it is?
  9. S

Aspera

There was one piece in the crankcase. I would guess this motor threw a rod at some point in it's life. They must have removed the rest of the pieces when they changed the rod. I don't have specs on this motor, so I don't know just how worn the cylinder and piston are.
  10. S

Aspera

Thanks. Here's the piston. Looks pretty rough.
  11. S

Aspera

I haven't had the piston out. I'll remove it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this motor threw a rod at some point. The piston skirt has pieces missing.
  12. S

Aspera

No luck. If I use the key as a mark it puts the motor in time- TDC with the valves closed. But it barely ran and the oil ran out. This motor is beat. I just was hoping it wasn't shot. If someone wants it, I don't. Let me know.
  13. S

Aspera

O.K. I found the tooth. Could be. I'll give it a try. Thanks
  14. S

Aspera

Sorry, I'm not sure which tooth you mean. The only marking on the teeth are from bumps and hammer taps.
  15. S

Aspera

I used the keyway as a mark. This motor may just be worn out.