Aspera

Hello. My first post. I just acquired a Broncco (Tomahawk?) with an Aspera/Tecumseh 3.5 hp motor. I need to know the valve timing. There is no mark on the crankshaft gear. Thanks for any help.

delray

if i'm correct? most cam gears(crank) on a a Tecumseh small block are press fit with a dot mark on one of the teeth. your engine looks to have a keyway on it. so i'm assuming that would be your timing mark? don't know much about a Aspera/Tecumseh 3.5 hp motor.
sure someone will google it and chim in...

if i'm correct? most cam gears(crank) on a a Tecumseh small block are press fit with a dot mark on one of the teeth. your engine looks to have a keyway on it. so i'm assuming that would be your timing mark? don't know much about a Aspera/Tecumseh 3.5 hp motor.
sure someone will google it and chim in...
I used the keyway as a mark. This motor may just be worn out.

delray

if I could get a better picture of your crankshaft and gear assy? your keyway looks to be inline with my hs-50 gear with the dot mark on it.

No luck. If I use the key as a mark it puts the motor in time- TDC with the valves closed. But it barely ran and the oil ran out. This motor is beat. I just was hoping it wasn't shot. If someone wants it, I don't. Let me know.