Recent content by steelmesh

1. S

Mini Baja 6.5 engine type called OldMiniBikes

It's a huayi carb with this jet kit: Jet kit for Honda Clone engines
  2. S

Off the shelf predator carb, I got a jet kit from OldMiniBikes.
  3. S

Here is another video, test drive of the firecracker dispenser: Firecracker dispenser: running rich MB165 Mini Baja 6.5 Predator mild modifications test drive - YouTube The rider is a trained professional with experience riding minibikes and motorcycles, do not try this at home like we did.
  4. S

Throttle return spring idea: imgur: the simple image sharer here is the gigantic jpg: http://i.imgur.com/5caIhNZ.jpg
  5. S

I don't work there anymore, right now I am building underbodies for Chrysler 200s and Avengers. Give PAC a call, you will get charged a lot because they may have to make tooling for your application and takes a while to setup new springs. They have a lot of part #s, check out racingsprings.com...
  6. S

Here it is...I might be running a little rich POP! POP! BANG!!! MB165 Mini Baja 6.5 Predator mild modifications - YouTube With the predator stock muffler removed (and about 2" of the stock elbow up), it was breathing blue flames it was pretty sweet looking
  7. S

Some pictures of the build: Trick spring on LEFT <- Note the trick spring has less coils, that increases the rate (more pounds force for every inch compression), this also adds stress to the wire. In addition, it has be shot with fine peen to improve durability (higher surface residual...
  8. S

Thank you for that moment of clarity on that ex opening on compression, it was bugging the crap out of me
  9. S

MB165 jackshaft input sprocket

MB165 input sprocket of the jackshaft drive. Just curious if this an off the shelf #41 5/8" bore sprocket like one you would find at mcmastercarr. I'm also afraid of pulling the nut off, as I don't want to mess up the nylon lock. I tried googling last night for a while and searched here :shrug:
  10. S

That's right! I'll tell you right now, something racers may be overlooking is the importance of the pushrods; pushrods are like springs in a valvetrain. They look like noodles at high RPM and when harmonics come into play. I've seen 0.500"+ diameter pushrods in mountain motors, more stiff =...
  11. S

I just built up that new Predator engine with that cam. I tested it last night (with my motorcycle gear on lol), it is a little fire breathing screamer. *Edit*I had the stock exhaust riser pipe and it was shooting blue flames with no popping. I will post a youtube video of this when I weld up...
  12. S

Here =) http://i.imgur.com/1hZQq3x.jpg
  13. S

I am fixing/"pimping" my friends mini baja 6.5 hp mini bike. He did the governor removal mod from youtube and it wouldn't run afterwards. I later found the intake rocker fell off. In the process of setting the lash, I noticed the exhaust valve will open a small amount on the compression...