Recent content by SteveSS

1. S

Where can I sell my old yamaha mini enduros?

Kind of like a mini bike but has attributes of a motorcycle. Mid 1970's. 100CC 5 speed. It's on the Colorado Springs Craigslist under motorcycle parts if you need to see them. Thanks, Steve.
  2. S

Tass 928's 2015 open class, Doodlebomb.

Reminds me of Slim Pickens riding that atomic bomb at the end of Dr. Strangelove.
  3. S

Let me teach you how to draw mini bike wheels

I never cared for painting with Bob Ross but the German guy before him was awesome.
  4. S

Okay. If you draw an ellipse on paper draw a line through the tallest part of the ellipse. That's the major axis. Now draw a line through the widest part making a cross-haired shape inside of the ellipse. The second line is the minor axis. That line should be at the same angle as the...
  5. S

Original Doodle for $90?

Like I needed it! That make DB #5. 3 of them have the 6.5 conversion. (1 with the gov, removed) If someone wants it come get it. I'm in Colorado Springs. Happy to help someone out.
  6. S

In drawing anything circular in perspective use an ellipse. There is a major axis and the minor axis. The minor axis should be parallel to the vanishing point used by the front of the seat, the axles etc. Ellipses come in differing degrees from 10-90. 90 is almost a circle.
  7. S

Original Doodle for $90?

Picked up the original style Doodle for $90. Looks like it's all there. Awfully dirty and sun baked. Seat,tires are good. I don't know if I paid too much. The original 99cc turns over. Don't know much else yet.
  8. S

2 Kawasaki Enduro type minis from the seventies.

I know they look like regular sized motorcycles and they have everything a motorcycle has, just scaled down 50% The green one was running when parked 2 years ago. The blue one is for parts but it's 99% complete. Steve 719-487-8297 Sorry about the photo mix up. $375 for both. Must be sold...
  9. S

We just got the DB30 back out and it doesn't run well.

We have the 6.5 engine on it and noticed it running poorly. We have to close the choke valve almost entirely to keep it running. It is turning the back fender black from what I suppose is running too rich. Cleaned the carb no difference. What to do next?
  10. S

Doodlebug seat covers

Does anybody have her phone or email address? I tried to go through the ETSY site and I'm being bombarded with advertising but nothing from her.:shrug:
  11. S

Brand New HF 6.5 not starting!!!

Disconnected both wires at the cable terminal it started right up.
  12. S

Okay tomorrow I'll disconnect the yellow wire. Too tired right now.
  13. S

We installed the new 6.5. My other ones have always fired right up. Pulled a lot no pop. Shot sme starting fluid in, no pop. Checked the oil level. It was down to the end of the dipstick. Added more oil so it's about 3/8" now. No pop. Pulled the plug and laid it on the head. it's sparking but...
  14. S

Is the Harbour Freight a 7hp engine now?

Just so you know what not to do. We couldn't get DB #2 to start last July. It had the Greyhound 6.5 on it. I brought it in the kitchen to work on it. We had quite a bit of snow and freezing temps. I noticed the air filter assembly wasn't put back on when we stopped working on it last time. That...
  15. S

Is the Harbour Freight a 7hp engine now?

I was looking to do my third conversion now. I went to HF and couldn't find the 6.5 engine. I know they have changed from the Greyhound to the Predator but is the 7hp engine now the one we need? Steve