Recent content by Ted1200

1. Ted1200

How many of you

Yah, I ride street and dirt bikes. More than 20 years. Ugh..........I must be old now huh? I don't own a car. Winters are a bit tricky here in Utah. Grip warmers, windshield, heated socks and lots of layers does it for me. (almost) Are you considering a street bike Jesse? What type/brand? Not...
  2. Ted1200

Help - Frozen 2piece Bonanza Wheels

Heat, Zep reserve and a whack with a hammer has never failed me. heat/sprat/whack After it cools down, heat/spray/whack Repeat as needed. Only took two tries on my 68 Lincoln's stock exhaust bolts. :thumbsup: If the wheels are aluminium, you can touch the head of the bolt with a welder...
  3. Ted1200

How to remove old Tires??

CHEAP Bead Breaker=2 2X4s. 1. Lay the wheel still assembled w/bolts on it's side next to a car. (bumper will be used) 2. Stand one 2X4 vertically on the bead. 3. Set the second 2X4 vertically on top of first 2X4 and under bumper. 4. Push down. :thumbsup: The car will lift a little, so try...
  4. Ted1200

Just Got A 1974 AMF Harley X-90.......

Oh yah! Take it easy on it for the first tank full. Mixture should be 32/1 actual oil not synthetic.
  5. Ted1200

Just Got A 1974 AMF Harley X-90.......

Wow! That is really clean and complete! First start after more than six months: change oil remove/clean carburetor (completely dismantle/dunk/spray/blast w compressed air) clean and gap spark plug (connect to spark plug wire and let it rest on top of the engine) lube cylinder with a little...
  6. Ted1200

Go-joe

You won't get an estimate of it's worth here. Sorry WITHERSPOON. To identify it, please post pictures including any serial number you can find in the "What is it?" area inside "General MiniBike Talk". Good luck and GOD bless.
  7. Ted1200

Beware BAD DOG

Nice. An old inner tube works nicely as a paint protector. (between hose clamps & paint job) (Ted looks around at all the things he should throw away)
  8. Ted1200

Paint

Color is good. Just be careful how many you put on. Too many will resemble a rainbow. That could attract attention you don't want. :freakout: Vintage stuff should remain vintage I think. If the original paint is done for though, not much you can do. Hot pink and neon green go well together. I...
  9. Ted1200

Paint

Black and white are not colors.
  10. Ted1200

My friends Mini- Fully custom

Nice. The artwork on the tank is a Frank Frazetta piece. It originally appeared on the cover of A book called Prisoner Of The Horned Helmet. Gath rocks.
  11. Ted1200

Benelli - anyone know anything?

Tune it up and give it a bath, you'll definitely think it's worth 50. I've found most hard start issues are due to old carb technology. If the Benelli you're considering has a carburetor with a generic mount, you could swap the carb for something newer. I would keep the original for...
  12. Ted1200

BC1400s are worth 800--1200. I've knocked 100 off the low end for a baffle and a rectifier...

BC1400s are worth 800--1200. I've knocked 100 off the low end for a baffle and a rectifier. I'll knock 50 dollars off of the 700 asking price if an actual shipping company shows up at my door. If some guy with a big truck and no proof of employment (trucking/shipping company) shows up, the...
  13. Ted1200

Project Full of Potential

Kawasaki made a 300 the same year. That would probably bolt right in. Probably more money than it's worth though. Old 2 stroke, street bike engines are light weight and fast. (Yamaha RD, Suzuki GT) Snowmobiles are worth lookin at too. Street bikes have transmissions. snowmobiles are shiftless...
  14. Ted1200

New toy - no parts

I'm afraid you're gonna have to search motorcycle parts yards. (junk yards) Tires, carb parts and cables should still be available new. EBC is a brake pad/shoe manufacturer that may have what you need. Here are some dealers for Japanese toys: Tucker Rocky Parts Unlimited K&L Odysseys...
  15. Ted1200

I dig your trike. Did you build it yourself? Kind of a small pic. I can't tell much about it...

I dig your trike. Did you build it yourself? Kind of a small pic. I can't tell much about it. What kind of motor and drive is in it?