Recent content by TheEMC

1. T

Vintage Briggs Throttle/Gov Config and I missing Parts?

So I just picked up what I believe is a home built MB with a 65 4HP Briggs. Cleaned the carb and gas tank and it fired right up but won't run with a load on it. my thought it the throttle config is wrong I have looked and looked and have not found anything that is the same config as what I...
  2. T

4HP briggs on newest bike surging

So I just got my latest bike running sort-of Pretty sure its a homebuilt but someone did a nice job on it. It has a 4HP POWR-KRAFT Briggs motor and it came free with some 20 Year old gas/sludge anyone pulled the tank de-rusted it, pulled the carb cleaned all the jets and holes I could...
  3. T

New Craigslist find

So I just picked this up from CL for $60. If I'm not mistaken it's a Sears Roper. It has some rough edges but over its a nice bike. Currently doesn't run it has a Tecumseh 6.0hp. Not sure it that is original to the bike or not. Also it does not have a jackshaft did all Ropers come with them...
  4. T

Sorry to bother I was scouring some of the OldMiniBikes forums for some Roper Jackshaft info. I recently...

Sorry to bother I was scouring some of the OldMiniBikes forums for some Roper Jackshaft info. I recently purchased a old Roper and it is missing the the entire jackshaft assembly would it be possible to get a copy of the drawings you created? I have a buddy at a shop that can cut and bend for me...
  5. T

Carb Question

This may be a dumb question but I had a 6.5HP Tecumseh engine giving to me but it is missing a carb. I don't know the running condition of this engine or why the carb was removed but I was looking for a replacement carb and they seem really expensive ($70-$100) I have seen several "universal...
  6. T

OldMiniBikes.com User Map No Longer Works

Looks like im the first one in WV, kinda upsetting that I kind find any local assistance.
  7. T

LB50 Manuals

Anyone have a line on where I can find a service manual and/or wiring diagram for my Yamaha Chappy LB50. I found a manual for a QT50 and an LB2 but no LB50
  8. T

LB50 Carb options

Awesome, Thanks I would like to see it running before I go nuts on performance stuff
  9. T

What welder to buy ?

I love my Hobart Handler 140! Also a buddy of mine has had his millermatic 210 at my house for a few years now and it is rarley (if ever) used since I got the Hobart. The Hobart will do 1/4 inch stuff in a single pass and I dont know very many backyard welders that need more than that.
  10. T

LB50 Carb options

I have a 1980 Yamaha LB50 that a got in several pieces the first item I need to locate for it is a Carb. It seems like most of them for this bike are kind of pricey (120+). Are there other cheaper options? Can I run any carb that close to the stock size with some creative adapting? Thanks Eric
  11. T

New Guy From WV

Hey All I just bought a basket case 1980 Yamaha LB50 Chappy and I am eager to get started. I look forward to all the helpful advice and knowledge I can gain from the board and I hope and share some valuable info from my journey as well