Recent content by Xtreme_karts

1. X

gx160 valve will not come out of head

I have a 14cc gx160 head but for some reason the inlet valve will not come out of the head. Is this normal on them head? I have a gx200 head and all was fine with that one. Thanks in advanced Xtreme_Karts
  2. X

What timing do i use?

I have a genuine honda gx200 and have the Long billet rod 3.313 (.10inch longer) and was wandering if i still use the 8 degree advance? Or would this be less due to the size of the rod? On one of the engine i will be using a honda aluminium flywheel so i take it that would need a 4 degree...
  3. X

HONDA GX200 HEAD how much should be milled?

Thanks for all the replies i am going to get my hand on a 14cc or 18cc and do some work to them. no wander no uses a 22cc head. I have learnt a fair amount from this thread, thanks again guys
  4. X

Sorry to be nieve So are saying my stock gx200 head is a 22cc and not a 18cc? So it best to remove .050inch off a 22cc head for best flow making it a 14cc? is that correct And if you remove 0.050inch off a 14cc head it will become a 10cc? Do you think it will run ok with the agk long...
  5. X

I have a genuine honda gx200 cylinder head, how much should be shaved off it to bring it down to a 14cc gx160 head? If i wanted to do one better than a 14cc whats the best amount to be shaved? bearing in mind i am running a Long billet rod 3.313 (.10inch longer) Its still got the standard...
  6. X

Anyone modded a stock muffler?

Here we go this guide will help you out. Done all 3 of mine and seems better and a little louder.... Xtreme_karts http://www.gx160parts.co.uk/GX160Parts/downloads/How%20to%20guides/exhaust%20debaffle.pdf
  7. X

Mikuni will not ideal NEED HELP !!!!

It was the idle jet after all! drilled the jet to 1.5mm and idles a treat now. Thanks guys
  8. X

Mikuni CHOKE LEVER QUESTION

Thanks for the answers, the head it a 14cc ported head, with a slim gasket high lift con rod and longer duration cam. So just to clear up whats do the pilot jet do? Do it add air to the idle? Thanks again
  9. X

George3.... so you are saying in this thread that if the black rubber part is pulled upwards (plunger up) the choke will be turned off? But on the other thread you have mentioned that if the plunger is up its choked So which one is it? Thanks
  10. X

Mikuni CHOKE LEVER QUESTION

A vm22 mikuni with a black rubber choke lever on the side if flick down is the choke on or choke off? Sorry seem to have different answers off different people so i need someone to truthfully clear this up for me. As im very confused as my engine will only run with the black lever (not...
  11. X

I just put my engine together with a vm22 mikuni with a high flow exhaust Pilot jet 12.5 main jet 120 air screw 2.5 turns out (also tried 1 and 1.5 turns out) Will run with choke on (at high revs, not sure if thats normal) but the minute you flick the choke off it just dies even with...
  12. X

MIKUNI Pilot jet

What pilot jet are people using in there VM22? Some people use a 12.5 and other swear by the 17.5 i know the standard is 15. So is it best to up the pilot or down it. Opinions would be appreciated
  13. X

Mikuni VM22 Questions

so just to confirm lever up mean choke on? Is that correct?
  14. X

Mikuni VM22 Questions

So do people normally use the choke to warm up or leave it turned off?
  15. X

Mikuni VM22 Questions

bit of a random question, but i used to have a vm22 carb on gx200 engine. i could'nt get the engine to run without the choke on, is this common on these carb or have i got an air leek somewhere? Any help would be appreciated Xtreme-Karts