Tri Rod STR 381 ?

I just drug in this Tri Rod.
It needs lots of TLC but it's a solid start.
I believe it's a STR 381 but the body work is all painted over and the tag seems to be missing.
The previous owner threw away the rear shocks and bolted solid struts in.
One curious thing is this has a expires 1980 inspection sticker on one of the front forks.
But I didn't think this was a street legal model ?
It also has evidence of having electric start a long time ago including a left over old solenoid that looks like it could have been put there when the trike was new but I didn't think these had electric start ?
Although that could make sense on a street legal model but again I didn't think this was a street legal model.
Also I'm curious about the roll bar.
I know they were optional and this looks like it could be the correct bar but the mounts look pretty chincy to me.
I would love to hear any thoughts or info.

Attachments

Thanks Cuda.
I love original literature.
I don't believe this model was suppose to have ever been street legal ?
That's why the inspection sticker that expired in 1980 on the front fork is something that I find curious.
I definitely need shocks.
I haven't looked for a source yet.
I'm sure I can find one but any suggestions on sources for shocks ?

Any updates Rustygold?
I have been so busy I haven't messed with it.
I also have a Snowco mini scat trike that I need to get back to that I haven't messed with.
I still haven't done any research to see if I can find more original literature either.
Hopefully I can began messing with it a little more now.
I need make a list and find some parts for this one.
Lots of brake parts,throttle assembly for the handlebars,etc.
The 10hp Briggs currently on it runs but I don't know how well until I get a carb part or two that I need.
If not well then I do have a sweet running 8hp Briggs on the shelf.
Think I'm going to look around a little and see if I can find some parts for the Snowco too,mostly cosmetic,it runs and rides.
My youngest approves of the Tri Rod,the Snowco Mini scat trike is hers,we have had it 10 years or so.
I miss our Alsport Tri Sport RTS.
I think I need to add another one.
Anyway no real update yet.
Hopefully soon.

Attachments

My Tri-Rod was listed as a TR-2196, but that earns me exactly zero information online. From the info I can find, I would have to believe our models to be STR-381's but, again, with a different model tag I can't be certain, especially since I don't have the original engine. I've been piecing my back together with parts from GoPowerSports in Texas. Mine came to me relatively stripped down but there is evidence lights and other pieces were there at one point. As for getting one of these registered for street-legal use, there's not much that has to be done outside of lights and a couple safety features (at least in Ohio). That's my eventual plan after I find a suitable engine which can move me along at reasonable speed.

As for literature, do not buy the brochure listed on eBay for something like $15. I did and it was a poor scan printed on an inkjet printer which bled through. One day (ha!) I hope to clean it up for proper consumption.