Where do you buy metal?

No, I do not mean scrap metal. I need some tubing to build a couple of frames. I recently purchased a tube bender and my tube supply is down to scraps.
Last time I ordered a load of metal, I got it from speedymetals.com but that was 12 years ago. Do any of you folks have a better supplier o recommend?

Thanks. Dave

I get mine from a guy across town who builds some sort of racing 4 wheelers…..uses mainly 7/8” but does have 3/4 and 1”…..in a pinch rural king or tractor supply also has it but the walls are a bit thin….then there’s poske racing those pricks eat up ALL the 7/8” and 3/4” pipe they can find…. But his scrap barrel is always full….when I was working the supply guy at the plant would order me 7/8” pipe for my waste water building…LMAO I sure do miss work!

Augiedoggie

I watch my travel route for fabrication and sheet metal shops or welding shops. Fabrication shops are my preferred haunts because anything laying around is usually paid for and left over and I can usually purchase it for beer and pizza money. Small welding shops usually have rusty bins of unused stuff but treat it like treasure. Big fab shops are mostly thrilled that you will clean out their scraps for them.

Nobody searches Ebay for venders with free shipping?
I might order a ton of steel.;)
Careful with that.
A few years ago I needed about six feet of 7/8" tubing and found a seller on ebay that offered free shipping and sold by the foot. The day it was supposed to arrive I called the wife and told here to look out for a large package. She replied that it was home was delivered in the mailbox. WTF?? How'd it fit, it should be a long skinny box? She says no, it's in an envelope and looks like a pack of dynamite.
You guessed it, they sent me six feet of pipe, in one foot sections. The shortest piece I needed for my project was 15":confused:

No, I do not mean scrap metal. I need some tubing to build a couple of frames. I recently purchased a tube bender and my tube supply is down to scraps.
Last time I ordered a load of metal, I got it from speedymetals.com but that was 12 years ago. Do any of you folks have a better supplier o recommend?

Thanks. Dave
Industrial Metal Supply sells steel tubing, stainless steel tubing, aluminum tubing.