What’s the Best way to separate this rim?

Steve73

I always let wd40 soak around the bead of the tire where it meets the rim. Once that is good to go then gently try to separate the rim.

The tire bead is actually pretty loose, Im looking for the best way to separate the rim halves
You already have the bolts removed, air the tire/tube up very slightly and it should spread the wheel halves apart.. but do it it carefully.... may need to add some penetrating oil into the seam where they meet and let it soak. Just be careful and don't over do it with the air...

novadose74

You already have the bolts removed, air the tire/tube up very slightly and it should spread the wheel halves apart.. but do it it carefully.... may need to add some penetrating oil into the seam where they meet and let it soak. Just be careful and don't over do it with the air...
Awesome! Thank you. I’ll give it a try

Awesome! Thank you. I’ll give it a try
If it doesn't "pop" leave some air pressure in it overnight and soak the hell out of the seams in the middle.. also.. And I'll stress carefully.. you can use a smaller non marring hammer to "tap" (not bang) on the wheel to help. Stay away tom the lip area with the hammer..

Put a couple of bearings in it, install an axle bolt and nut. Put about 10 PSI in it and start loosening the bolt while tapping the wheel.
Auto trans fluid will soak in there. It is safe to leave air in it overnight as long as that axle bolt is in there.

novadose74

i think it was old grease or something. there was hardened material on the inner tube. I’m pretty sure the rim and tire is original. There was a ton of grease between the bearings.