New to mini bikes, I have some questions.

I am new to mini bikes. I have never owned or built one before, and I was wondering where I should buy a frame from and/or what frame should i get.

I've got a custom frame with a 20+hp 212 in that I'll sell you for $2500 if you're local. It's still a project though. I'm losing a chunk of money at that price. Needs a fuel tank and some finishing touches. The engine was running 100 octane fuel.

Triley41395

I am new to mini bikes. I have never owned or built one before, and I was wondering where I should buy a frame from and/or what frame should i get.
Before anyone can really give you a good answer we would need a little info first.
There are older bikes, newer Chinese bikes and as Strigoi said customs.
What state are you in and are you planning on riding mostly off road or on pavement.
Do you have a budget in mind? It can get expensive to build one correctly from the ground up.
If you are wanting to ride this summer I'd suggest you find a running bike online and do a little maintenance to it an just have fun.
If you can let us know exactly what you are wanting to do, I may have some suggestions.

DaddyJohn

Predator at Harbor Freight and Wala !
…or “voila!” in its native French. ;)

Anyway, my advice is to buy a complete, used, Chinese mini bike (such as a Baja Doodlebug, Coleman, Monster/Mega Moto, etc.) and go from there. Used ones are usually inexpensive, and tend to need a little tinkering, which can help you get more involved and knowledgeable about the hobby.

Last edited:

panchothedog

You gotta love it. New guy that knows absolutely nothing comes on here with a very open ended vague question. 7 or 8 long time, very qualified members offer opinions, ideas, bikes for sale, dealers names and so on.
No response, no thanks, I'll look into that, won't even answer about where or what kind of terrain he will be ridding on. Sorta makes you wonder why they even got on here. Just venting I guess (me).

During his initial internet searching for mini bikes, this site came up, so he joined, entered his search criteria, did not receive any pictures immediately, so he went on his merry Google way. Just my guess.
Type "mini bike" into your search engine and most will send you right here.

I hope he finds what he is looking for.

You gotta love it. New guy that knows absolutely nothing comes on here with a very open ended vague question. 7 or 8 long time, very qualified members offer opinions, ideas, bikes for sale, dealers names and so on.
No response, no thanks, I'll look into that, won't even answer about where or what kind of terrain he will be ridding on. Sorta makes you wonder why they even got on here. Just venting I guess (me).
Pancho, The feelings you have "vented" are shared by MANY on this forum, myself included. I have been hanging around here since 2011 and its only got worse over the years. These "one post wonders" do not put forth any real effort and do not provide us with any details. If we press them to provide more (useful) details it is like "pulling teeth" to get them to give us anything. Then, if they do not get an immediate response off they go, never check back in to see what members have replied, and we never hear from them again. I believe that its only common courtesy to (at least) acknowledge those the replies you receive and (much better)- actually THANK THEM. For these reasons I've stopped replying to those with posts/questions that will not put forth any effort. I guess I'm not as patient as some of you are...
Michael