Search results

1. B

B&S 3.5 HP Idle Irratic - Surges

Every other B&S engine I've had starts on the 1st pull (mostly) and runs perfect no matter what for many years but this 3.5 HP doesn't so I took it in and they supposedly tuned it up and cleaned the carb. It starts after about 8pulls but I have to keep messing with the throttle and idle and then...
  2. B

Briggs vs. HF 99cc

What are your opinions on modern engines on restored vintage minibikes? I know budget is a huge concern. I restored this Taco 44 and threw an old edger's B&S 2hp on it. I I'd like to find a nice vintage 'period correct 3hp or 5hp B&S engine but the ones I found are really expensive. I think a HF...
  3. B

New Predator 212cc Engine Intermittent Problem

Just finished breaking the 212cc engine in (only scattered bits of tiny dots of metal on bottom of oil drain bowl). Always starts right up with choke on, BUT after a 1/2 a minute or so I take the choke off. It runs but won't rev up, then after a while it dies, so I put the choke on and it starts...
  4. B

Predator 212cc on Yerf-Dog 3203 or 3205

I just want to tell anyone who has a Yerf-Dog 3203 or 3205 who might want to replace the cruddy Tecumseh 6.5 engine that the Predator 212cc engine is a perfect fit. All I had to do was get a longer bolt for the tapped Crank. The Comet Tav30 Torque Converter lined up just right with the spacers...
  5. B

Identify Kart Please?

Anyone know what kind of Kart this is? It's for sale for $150 and includes a Max Torque Clutch? I have an extra Predator Engine I could put in it, but it looks like it is a Live Axle and I'd like one to cruise around the paved streets in my gated community. Isn't a one wheel driven kart best for...
  6. B

Predator in Yerf-Dog 3203

I just finished restoring a Trashed Yerf-Dog I bought for a $200. With new front tires and rims, steering rods, new seat, $99 Predator 212cc engine w/ header, air-filter, muffler and spark arrestor, New front hydraulic shocks (got all the rust off the rear, but the front were a lost cause), new...
  7. B

Predator 212cc

I'm almost done breaking in the engine (can't drive it cuz the little mini muffler (catylatic converter) actually touches the torque converter driven pulley, but UPS brings my header/muffler tomorrow. Anyway, I have 3 questions. 1) my 1 wire kill switch below the steering wheel needs to be...