Search results

1. R1Racing

Cam Selection Question

I will be building a 5hp Flat head for my minibike. I just want a better than stock motor, not a race motor. I have done port/polish, and eyebrows. I see in the "Awesome guide to modding Briggs 5 hp flatheads" thread a 94ss cam is recommended, but i dont see them on ebay. Are there other cams...
  2. R1Racing

What size Pulsa Jet Bore?

What should i bore my Pulsa Jet Carb to? I will be triming the eye brows, running a 94SS cam and maybe a machined head. Also the carb is a pull choke style so do i just leave the ckoke intack and bore from the motor side of the carb until i get close to the pull choke nob or remove it?
  3. R1Racing

Another Carb Swap Question

Ok, So ive done the searching to try to find out what carb to use fo my minibike and im still unclear of what to get. Im goin to be using the 5hp flat head with a Dyno 94ss Cam, Raptor rod, Valve springs, Port work, and brows removed. Did i mis anything? I understand carbs and how to adjust...
  4. R1Racing

HSK845 Motor Question

I have a HSK845 2-stroke Tecumseh motor, What i want to know is this a usable motor for a mini bike? It is from a Snow thrower that when started it would run at operating RPM (no idle). So i dont know if the carb would be any good for a Varible rpm application.The shaft i think would have to be...
  5. R1Racing

Help with cam install needed

Ok, So i removed the gevernor gear and went to re install the cam. Then i spoted a thin washer that fell from the cam. Were does that washer go? On the block side of the cam or the cover side? What is that spring loaded weight on the cam for? Also just to double check.... Line up the dot from...
  6. R1Racing

Governor Mod Info Needed

I have a few questions on modifiying the governor on my Tecumseh OHH50 Power Sport motor..... 1) Do i need to get inside and remove all the internal Gov. parts or can i just remove the exterior parts? 2) Does the spring on the carb (that keeps the butterfly closed) have enough force to...
  7. R1Racing

And another New Guy

Whats going on.... New to the site but not mini bikes. I live in Upstate NY (the first on the map) were me and some friends ride mini bikes or go karts on the grass. Someone pulled my mini bike from the trash and said i could have it. It was a roller with no motor. I started by cutting the swiss...