Search results

1. stupid bronc

Super Bronc vt1015 - don't buy from a plumber

The motor should bolt to a bracket at the top and the motor plate on the bottom. Believe me, it ain’t flexing, bending, or going anywhere!
  2. stupid bronc

Super Bronc 10 Build, from the bone yard.

First off, my rear shocks are 13 inches long center to center. Dimensions of the wooden base are overall length, front pivot bolt to rear of seat 24 inches, rear width 15 and 1/2, front 6 and 1/2. Distance front pivot bolt to rear shock bolts, center to center, is 18 inches. There is no steel...
  3. stupid bronc

The jack shaft rear brake on my 1040 is more than enough for dirt riding. Mine will easily lock up the rear wheel, even as big as it is. Any more braking than lock up is just wasted.
  4. stupid bronc

I priced them for mine, waaaaay too expensive for my taste. These were a GE washing machine part and about $12 each. Love the look, real beefy and overbuilt like the rest of the bike!
  5. stupid bronc

The rear hub you need is similar to the one in the first picture, but the tube has to be longer, basically from one rear frame leg across to the other with the big axle going all the way through and clamping the whole thing together. Try to locate a set of the little axle tensioners that allow...
  6. stupid bronc

I can give you the part number and how to put them on tomorrow.
  7. stupid bronc

Believe it or not, they are a GE washing machine part.
  8. stupid bronc

Mine only has the sprocket on the rear wheel, the brake is a small disk on the jack shaft that shifts the power from the left (crankshaft) side to the right (sprocket) side.
  9. stupid bronc

To try to answer your “standoff” question, what locates the rear wheel centered in the frame and locates the sprocket is a rear hub, basically a piece of pipe about 2” in diameter with a bearing pressed into each end and a long axle that locates to the slots in the frame and allows for...
  10. stupid bronc

Super Bronc VT-8 Ski

Have for sale a front wheel snow ski for a Heald Super Bronc VT-8. Maybe used once, very slight surface rust (see pictures), runners on bottom are sharp and straight. All original hardware. Asking $125 plus shipping from Tucson, AZ area.
  11. stupid bronc

You’ve got a very good start, those nice fenders and gas tank are worth about a bizillion dollars right there. Is that finned thing part of an electronic ignition system? Maybe you could teach your grandsons to weld repairing that engine plate, hands on gives them some sweat equity in the...
  12. stupid bronc

Super Bronc VT8

Hi MNGB, my VT-1040 (shipped August 1984) has the .75 jackshaft with a cable operated disk brake on the jackshaft. The bike is 100% origional, got it from the original owner.
  13. stupid bronc

Heald Super Bronc Basket Case

Slime will over time eat pinholes in aluminum wheels and allow slow leaks. Retains moisture and eats up steel too. If you use it get it out as soon as possible!
  14. stupid bronc

Heald Super bronc vt10 or vt8

Why do you have the spark arrester muffler on the side instead of on top of the fender out of the way? Seems a good way to burn yourself.
  15. stupid bronc

Super Bronc VT-10 Rack and Ski

I have for sale a rear rack and a snow ski for a Heald VT-10, 1984 vintage. Rack has some surface rust, no pitting or peeling. Ski is brand new, never touched snow, very tiny bit of rust from hanging on my wall for 20+ years. Just posting this to see if there is any interest, if so I'll post...