Search results

1. 1

3hp briggs

We run 5 hp springs on all of our 3 hp quarter midget motors. We run these with the plastic cam and have not had any problems with valve float or cam ware. Set valve lash at .004
  2. 1

gx120 valve springs

Can I run 18lb. springs without any mods. stock pushrods, stock cam, What are the stock springs rated at?
  3. 1

gx120 valve springs

Thank You !!
  4. 1

gx120 valve springs

anybody make aftermarket valve springs? The valves are floating at around 5400 rpms and we have to replace them every two races
  5. 1

5hp briggs raptor problem please help!

Susquhanna Speedway Park in York Co.
  6. 1

How often do you change your oil? I change oil after each race. Oil is cheaper than motor work. I put a pipe nipple and a ball valve on it for quick and easy oil changes. Do You have a filter on your crank vent? We run on dirt and I've seen crankcases full of mud. Every time the piston go's down...
  7. 1

Very little smoke if any, but I used .010 over rings that were used with a quick hone in a standard bore and set my ring gaps at .003. You shouldn't have any oil in the intake side or brass. After 1500 laps the motor still was not smoking out of the exhaust. We pulled the motor because we...
  8. 1

What is you ring gap set at? is your crankcase vented? Is there to much oil in it? Did you check your valve guides? I assume this is a steel bore. I just pull the motor out of my sons quarter midget. It had about 1500 laps on it @ 6300 rpms, The only break in time I give our motors is enough...
  9. 1

Briggs camshaft

No, different gauges, but the exhaust is still at .004. They were both set at the same valve lash. The valve seat hasn't moved. That's where I'm confused. I guess the best thing to do is pull the motor put the steel cam in and start all over again.
  10. 1

Briggs camshaft

My club rules state that I must use Briggs & Stratton oem plastic or steel camshaft. The steel cam lobe center-line -104-1/2 to 107-1/2 degrees. Heel to peak - .900" to .909". Heel to heel -.734" to .743" max lift is .166". The plastic cam lobe center-line - 105 to 109 degrees. Heel to peak...
  11. 1

Briggs camshaft

Anybody know the difference in lift or duration between the steel and the plastic cams I think the plastic cam has a higher lift I'm not sure if the plastic cam is going to hold up because of the 5hp springs and the high rpms. I have a steel cam would you recommend using it and would it be =...
  12. 1

Briggs camshaft

Thanks everyone!  The motor is strictly for racing in a 1/4 midget and is direct drive no clutch, Push start
  13. 1

Briggs camshaft

Hello, We race 1/4 midgets, We run a 82252 3hp Briggs The motor is basically stock other than intake & exhaust porting and 5hp springs. We run a 182 walbro carb and a aluminum flywheel set at 31 degrees We also have a 6 to 1 gear reduction and open exhaust. We gear the motor to run between...