Search results

1. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

Not perfect but I think it works for leaving it original.
  2. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

Working on the seat. I want to save as much of the original as possible. The back cleaned up amazing for 64 years old. I'm not a upholsterer but I've got the center section replaced.
  3. P

Can anyone help me find a belt for this mini bike

Not to suggest the obvious or what you have already done, but have to searched simply for the size as opposed to a specific application?
  4. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

I bought a kit. The needle and seat were a bit different so I used the old ones which were OK. First time I've fooled with these types of carbs. Tillotson with no float bowls. Has diaphragm's. I understand this is so they can run even upside down. The carb I have on the extra engine is...
  5. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

We got the one West Bend running. https://youtube.com/shorts/IU1UVnazRgs?si=CgFmg3xkucEhoYaK
  6. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

How about what was originally there? Not something one can find today? I see where a set screw was once used. I had the Kart outside today running the engine when the original owner drove by and stopped. I asked him about the clutch and again he repeated he never heard the Clinton run but...
  7. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

Thanks a lot Jim. I will get you the info but I couldn't see how it would work without a bolt in end. I can drill and tap but tell me, is there a better solution?
  8. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

So what am I missing? No set screws or anything and doesn't align right.
  9. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

If I get time to work on it I can call. Otherwise on the Clinton. I have the clutch you see in the box. Not sure how it's supposed to stay on the shaft of the Clinton. It also doesn't seem at first glance to align up just right. I just took a few minutes.
  10. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

There are two clutches. One won't fit the shaft. The black one I'm not sure how to get it attached. and it doesn't seem to fit real good.
  11. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

So after 55-60 years the Clinton is running. I need to get a clutch (any suggestions or links to the proper clutch appreciated) and I need to find a better solution for the drain valve. I used an o-ring because that is what I had but its leaking. But still, it's running...
  12. P

1960 Percival Hellcat

I guess I'm new here but not really. I found where I had signed up in 2009 but had forgot all about it. From a new search this place seemed to have the best answers. I've not found much on this cart here so I thought maybe posting it might be good for someone else later also. I bought this from...
  13. P

Vintage Track Rabbit

I picked this vintage Track rabbit up and I would love to see one in it's original condition. I have seen the ads but they make it tough to get much detail. It does run (though I know it's not the original engine). I like to keep things as they are found most times but this one has been...
  14. P

Looking for a vintage throttle

Need one like shown below (except not broken). Thanks
  15. P

Is this site relevant for MB5's?

As I said, I'm new here and I don't want to step on anyones toes. I realize this is likely fringe at best for a site like this. Funny thing is, on the scooter sites it's also fringe. Anyways, I'm keeping this one. They have a loyal following but don't bring a bunch. Complete it seems...
  16. P

Yes, very cool. I dont think I've ever seen one.
  17. P

Thanks, I'm not sure yet. I just got it home. I know the air filter cover on the right hand side is missing. Both marker lights on that side are broke off also. I think I'll just do away with all four. I have the auto oiler but it's not hooked up. Just to have it hooked up I hope to put it...
  18. P

I just picked up a needing work Honda MB5. Before I go further I thought I should check and see if they are relevant for this site? Thanks
  19. P

Another Newbie. Another project.

It does have the two-speed. I can't say for sure on the year but as I note in my intro post the owners manual is a pre zip code manual. The bike on the cover does appear to have a plastic tank. I saw another link here that links to the engine parts manual. It would appear to be a Craftsman...
  20. P

Hello from WV

I got the original manual with this bike (which will be helpful) and it's a pre zip code manual so I'm guessing his time frame is likely very close on mine.