Search results

1. My daughter's vintage 1970'sTrail Buck trail bike.

My daughter's vintage 1970'sTrail Buck trail bike.

Belt too tight, have to lift it up to get going.
  2. R

As far as we know what we have is original. I will try and post some pics.

As far as we know what we have is original. I will try and post some pics.
  3. R

Tecumseh 7HP variable speed belt question

The brake is on the jack shaft assembly so I should be ok. I do have the bike running, but still working on the belt problem. I think 3/4 is to wide, so i'm trying 5/8. Also still having problems with the throttle. Anyone have any good ideas on where to get a better throttle online? :weld:
  4. R

Thanks for the tip on the above website! I ordered a belt, got it on Monday, installed it last night and drove the bike around the yard a few times.....I've got a few problems! The bike will only start if I prop it up on the kickstand so that the back tire turns freely? Also the throttle is...
  5. R

My daughter's first bike

I got it! My first Ebay purchase was the Vintage Trail Buck Brochure for $3.25! Thank you to everyone! Trail buck is running, waiting for the belt to arrive from GoKartSupply.com and then we should have some really cool video to show! All in all I only have $175! Can't wait for everyone to...
  6. R

1970's Trail Buck-Got it running! 7HP Tec

$50 bucks, but I got it running. Put in a new carb kit. Timing seems to be fine. Still need to work on finding the correct belt. Anyone have any good ideas on what to do with the exaust.....I stuck a pipe on it, just to get it running, but needs some better ideas! Also not liking the...
  7. R

We just purchased a 1970's Trail Buck by Pacesetter. It came with an original 7 HP Tecumseh, but no belt. Anyone have any idea what size variable speed drive belt will fit? How do I even measure for this? Where do I find one? This is my first project, so I'm just learning as I go I guess...
  8. R

My daughter's first bike

1970's Trail Buck by Pacesetter Ent. We actually almost drove from Nebraska to PA to buy a Super Bronc off Craigslist, but then our friends told us they had this sitting in a barn. We would still love to find a Super Bronc, But this really fit the bill. Worked on the 7HP Tec last night, I...
  9. R

My daughter's first bike

Wow, Thanks. I'll keep an eye out. Always nice to have some papers to go with your project! :thumbsup:
  10. R

My daughter's first bike

Thanks for the comments. My daughter is very excited! My brother has a Super Bronc that is just a load of fun, and we have been looking for something about the same size, and this bike fits the pocketbook!! We are in Nebraska, and bought it from some friends who had it sitting in a barn. They...
  11. R

My daughter's first bike

My daughter just purchased her first bike tonight for $120! It's a 1970's Trail Buck. It has a 7 HP Tecumseh that needs a little tweeking, but should be able to get it running in no time! Just getting some info about this bike. Not much info on the web. So if anyone has any info, It would...